Company dismisses employees needs

Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ckecks come on time, with this job you learn how businesses really operate versus what they offer to their customers, plenty of work, reasonable training.

Cons

In this company it seems that everything counts against you, employees' emergencies or daily circumstances such as a doctor's visit become big issues that you need to explain over and over to management. Also their policy of "customers are always right" fails to protect and support the interpreter as a valuable employee when customer are plain rude, the company will back up the customer no matter what. Some calls are highly emotional, lots of anger in long calls especially the ones from mortgage companies, even though you are supposed to be a conduit it is not easy to get rid of all that bad energy that you absorb during hours of receiving the same kind of calls.

Besides my supervisor I really didin't have much contact with anybody else.

Other Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Good for entry level

Current Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work at home, you can sleep till 5 mins before your shift starts, you can do your own things while the call is holding, no need to commute to work. when your shift end, you're off work! Challenging, interesting, learn new stuff everyday while doing the job. Good for an entry level job, people who doesn't have any experience will learn tons of things in a short time.

Cons

Calls might be long that pass your shift, your break, your lunch. Really hard to change schedule.
    Some client might yell at you, treat you like a interpretation machine. Have to be really patient all the time, no matter how hard this call is, you have to overcome it as soon as the next call start. Have to be professional all the time. no sick time off.

should have better health insurance benefit and paid time off, we are the first person that perform our company services to our clients everyday. we deserve more benefit and appreciation.

Great place to get experience on over the phone interpretation

Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Spanish Interpreter in Arlington, VA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a good interpreter school to start building experience as a interpreter.

Cons

A very low salary considering all the qualifications, certifications and training they want their interpreters to have.

The salary is not competitive, one can get 15 to 20 dollars per hour as a babysitter contrary to the 7.25 base salary per hour plus the variable 0.25 cents bonus after 30 minutes of interpretation.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions.

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!