LanguageLine Solutions

Languageline Solutions Different name same old same

Current Employee - Interpreter
Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You work at home.
If you are a good interpreter they leave you alone.

Cons

Embarrassing low pay for an interpreter. This is major corporation that saves major bucks because workers use their own computers, etc. They do not even pay for vacation time. Insurance is a joke.

Your employees are your greatest asset. Do your clients a favor and invest in professional interpreters.

134 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Company dismisses employees needs

Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ckecks come on time, with this job you learn how businesses really operate versus what they offer to their customers, plenty of work, reasonable training.

Cons

In this company it seems that everything counts against you, employees' emergencies or daily circumstances such as a doctor's visit become big issues that you need to explain over and over to management. Also their policy of "customers are always right" fails to protect and support the interpreter as a valuable employee when customer are plain rude, the company will back up the customer no matter what. Some calls are highly emotional, lots of anger in long calls especially the ones from mortgage companies, even though you are supposed to be a conduit it is not easy to get rid of all that bad energy that you absorb during hours of receiving the same kind of calls.

Besides my supervisor I really didin't have much contact with anybody else.

Good for entry level

Current Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work at home, you can sleep till 5 mins before your shift starts, you can do your own things while the call is holding, no need to commute to work. when your shift end, you're off work! Challenging, interesting, learn new stuff everyday while doing the job. Good for an entry level job, people who doesn't have any experience will learn tons of things in a short time.

Cons

Calls might be long that pass your shift, your break, your lunch. Really hard to change schedule.
    Some client might yell at you, treat you like a interpretation machine. Have to be really patient all the time, no matter how hard this call is, you have to overcome it as soon as the next call start. Have to be professional all the time. no sick time off.

should have better health insurance benefit and paid time off, we are the first person that perform our company services to our clients everyday. we deserve more benefit and appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions