There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

staying at your home, flexible work schedule

Cons

low salary, frustrated customer, phone issues

consistently study about all the related field, especially medical terms.

117 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!

Current Employee - Interpreter  in  Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing! Don't waste your time or career! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!

Cons

Pay, benefit, training staff. Only reason I tried this job was I'm bilingual and the word "Interpreter" sounded cool to me. Also, I own a newer Mercedes Benz and didn't want to add up mileage. What a big mistake! It's a ridiculous job! Rather, it's a ridiculous labor! You work as a conduit between the client and his or her limited English proficient customers. And many LEP people lack basic IQ, American common sense, and, most importantly,
    communication skill! So they will give you all kinds nightmares and unnecessary challenges!

Additionally, you have to do your job the Language Line Solutions' way no matter what! Interpreters shouldn't appear as if they are chatting with LEP people! That's just one of Language Line's many many stupid rules. What kind of person in right mind would think the interpreter is chatting with LEP people on the job??? So, for every move an interpreter should make, in order to understand LEP person better, he or she must inform Client first and get the permission. And that's going to drive you CRAZY! AND IT'S GOING TO CAUSE SEVERE DELAY AND THE CLIENT'S COMPANY WILL GET THE INFLATED BILL!

Also, since you're being sandwiched by two or more customers per call, you must have the "Slave's Mind" or "Low Self-esteem" to survive in this job. I feel sorry for those who have been working for this company pretty long, and I especially feel sorry for senior language specialists. I'm sure they all have low self-esteem. With their skills and qualifications, they can work for Airlines [ Travel Benefits!!! ], hospitals, Nordstrom, Costco, etc. for much better pay and benefits! What the heck were they thinking?

Interpretation is a hard work, and LLS better treat their interpreters much better than now! But unfortunately, when some stupid or crazy clients complain about you, this company takes their words while your words don't mean anything! By the way, I have a lot more to say about this stupid company and this stupid "work from home" interpreter job as well as "SUSPICIOUS" EXPERIENCES I've had while working as "work from home" interpreter for the last several months. As soon as the company and I part, I'll reveal them in detail! Glassdoor says I can edit my review within 30 days, and I'm expecting that will happen within that time frame.

You guys just wait~ You guys will be contacted~

Challenging and rewarding job

Current Employee - Interpreter  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I learn something new everyday; very rewarding helping others; work from home; little supervision.

Cons

Minimal feedback and support; I've been with the company over four years, never had a pay increase, few to no benefits. Advancement opportunities are almost non-existant.

Words are not enough to motive staff to consistently provide top quality work. Employees need financial rewards/incentives to feel motivated and satisfied. The cost of living does not go down and everybody needs to support themselves. As much as I love the job, I can no longer "afford" to work for the company. I will be leaving as soon as I find something else.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!