LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com
  www.languageline.com
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

intigration is not going well

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

We provide great services that are needed and important to the communities we serve

Cons

Language Line has been acquiring companies and not integrating them well, so the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
Employees are not valued or treated well. Great people are getting fired or just leaving.

Listen and find out what is going on, determine best practices, and then move forward.

134 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Wonderful experience in general

Former Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Dallas, TX

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Knowledge gained through working with different fields, good pay, flexible hours

Cons

Complicated management system, not ideal for career growth

Don't waste your time! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing! Don't waste your time or career! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!

Cons

Pay, benefit, training staff. Only reason I tried this job was I'm bilingual and the word "Interpreter" sounded cool to me. Also, I own a newer Mercedes Benz and didn't want to add up mileage. What a big mistake! It's a ridiculous job! Rather, it's a ridiculous labor! You work as a conduit between the client and his or her limited English proficient customers. And many LEP people lack basic IQ, American common sense, and, most importantly,
    communication skill! So they will give you all kinds nightmares and unnecessary challenges!

Additionally, you have to do your job the Language Line Solutions' way no matter what! Interpreters shouldn't appear as if they are chatting with LEP people! That's just one of Language Line's many many stupid rules. What kind of person in right mind would think the interpreter is chatting with LEP people on the job??? So, for every move an interpreter should make, in order to understand LEP person better, he or she must inform Client first and get the permission. And that's going to drive you CRAZY! AND IT'S GOING TO CAUSE SEVERE DELAY AND THE CLIENT'S COMPANY WILL GET THE INFLATED BILL!

Also, since you're being sandwiched by two or more customers per call, you must have the "Slave's Mind" or "Low Self-esteem" to survive in this job. I feel sorry for those who have been working for this company pretty long, and I especially feel sorry for senior language specialists. I'm sure they all have low self-esteem. With their skills and qualifications, they can work for Airlines [ Travel Benefits!!! ], hospitals, Nordstrom, Costco, etc. for much better pay and benefits! What the heck were they thinking?

Interpretation is a hard work, and LLS better treat their interpreters much better than now! But unfortunately, when some stupid or crazy clients complain about you, this company takes their words while your words don't mean anything! By the way, I have a lot more to say about this stupid company and this stupid "work from home" interpreter job as well as "SUSPICIOUS" EXPERIENCES I've had while working as "work from home" interpreter for the last several months. As soon as the company and I part, I'll reveal them in detail! Glassdoor says I can edit my review within 30 days, and I'm expecting that will happen within that time frame.

You guys just wait~ You guys will be contacted~

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions