There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Good learning experience vs. get ready to get exhausted

Current Employee - Spanish Medical Interpreter
Current Employee - Spanish Medical Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home, very little supervision. 41K with a 100 match for up to 3% . Phone line and telephone equipment reimbursement. I cannot describe the amazing learning oportunity that LLS offers (not because of the training that you will receive). Training is very basic, the learning starts with hands on, they will throw you out to the wolves and it will be up to you to keep up and learn. The variety of industries that LLS serves is so huge that you won't only become a good interpreter and improve your listening skills and language skills but you will learn so much about other industries that it will become an advantage for you as customer when you go to bank, apply for a loan, go to the doctor, go to court, deal with an insurance adjuster, deal with the IRS, SS office and the list goes on and on. Becoming a Medical interpreter gives you more satisfaction than the regular customer service interpreter job.

Cons

Pay is not good for the amount of work. Recognition is non-existent. No vacations, just 80 hours of unpaid time off per year. Health insurance cost is sky high

Advice to Management

Salaries need to improve.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Now LLs is after Pacific interpreters

Current Employee - Interpreter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Boston, MA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is nothing good to tell about this company

Cons

Language Line Solutions has been buying out smaller companies (e.g. Pacific Interpreters) and forcing their interpreters to be so-called "employees" with virtually no benefits (no paid vacations, no holidays, no sick days, crappy cheap health insurance). The interpreters' compensation changed from potentially $30-42/hr to $12-$14 per hour. Most of the quality and highly-qualified interpreters are leaving this greedy and cold company. If you're thinking of getting interpreter services for your hospital, clinics or business, stay away from Language Line Solutions. Don't expect you will get good quality interpreting services from LLS since they don't care about the interpreters. Interpreters are being used like factory workers or robots.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your interpreters.

I agree with other interpreters on their negative reviews on LLS

Former Employee - Interpreter
    Former Employee - Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home, not having to deal with commute.

Cons

Other than the pros listed above, there is no other good thing to say about the company. Crappy pay and even reduce your rate. I had been working for a company called Tele-Interpreters, and later purchased by LLS. I was paid at a rate of 50 cents a minutes (which was low but I can accepted it). Been working for them for about 3 years and then when LLS purchased them, they had to reduce my rate from 50 cents to 35 cents/minutes. The reason (or excuse) they told us for the reduced rate was economic hardship. COME ON LLS, you guys have been ripped the government and private agencies off by charging them $3 to $4 and even $5 a minute. YOU can't even afford to pay your employee 50 cents or that??? So I quit my job and working for Pacific Interpreter and get 60 cents a minute now. However, last December, again, LLS purchased Pacific. Now they are thinking to merge both interpreters into one by paying us AGAIN CRAPPY rate of $14/hour which if you divide 14 by 60, it would be 23.33 cents a minutes. 23 cents COMMON LLS how much respect did you give to your interpreters??? You are depend on us to make you rich and you can't even afford to pay us more than 23 cents a minutes????? My advice is if you are a new interpreter and need some experience, then work for them. However, let you tell you be ready to drink a lot water. Their $14/hour is hard working money. They expect you to take a load of calls non stop. Once you have experience, QUIT and look for something better. They expect you a lot from you and give you almost nothing.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management team is YOU are depend on US. If you treat us as a crap then that is what you get. I don't know why anyone would like to work at such low rate, unless you have nothing better to do. To the agencies who is looking for interpreter services, go for something else. Reason, you are not going to get a happy interpreter because everyone is so exhausted by having to deal with this immoral company.