There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Reviewers are too critical and unreasonable

Pros

As my subject title indicates. But training pre-hiring is good.

Cons

Reviewers are way too difficult. It seems like they had to pick on something or else they are not doing their job.

Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Far less than ideal

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

I can't think of anything and I am behing 100% honest. Maybe a few nice people that share your pain.

Cons

Management is subjective, does not encourage development, and if you want to succeed, you should make friends with management. Your abilities mean very little. If you are looking for a career, this isn't the place. If you have worked in any other organizations, you would know that Language Line is below par in how employees are treated. Poor benefits, retirement, growth, or support.

Advice to Management

Yeah, I tried . And you probably shouldn't since it won't turn out good.

A horrible company...don't work for them!

Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work at home. That's about it.

Cons

Everything. Terrible pay, horrible benefits, if any. Intentionally sabotage employees, as an employee they make you feel completely undervalued and unappreciated. I came to work for this company when my old company was purchased by this one. The company I worked for previously paid me much more money and had a much more professional interpreter protocol. As soon as they became my employer, they lowered my pay little by little as their own employees were only paid minimum wage. They also would monitor interpreter calls, which is not uncommon in the Telephonic Interpretation industry, and is usually helpful in that it gives the interpreter positive feedback and also helps focus attention on areas that need improvement. But THEY did it in such a way to try and literally sabotage me in order to find a reason to fire me, as for whatever contactual reason I made more money than what they normally paid their interpreters and I was eventually let go for extremely minor mistakes. I now work for another telephonic interpretation company that is much more professional and I relish the fact that we have recovered many of our previous clients from Language Line. But Language Line is still making life difficult for competing companies in the state of California as they would like to monopolize the industry. I have nothing but utter disdain for this company and strongly discourage anyone from working there unless they are desperate for a job.

Advice to Management

Wow, where do I begin? I don't really think any advice would help. I don't think they care about their employees at all and are not interested in recruiting or compensating highly skilled/trained, quality Interpreters. Just interested in finding cheap labor.