There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Very low pay, no flexible scheduling, poor benefits

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

Very low pay, no flexible scheduling, poor benefits

124 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Incompetent managers, uneducated staff, no company-wide communication

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dynamic, growing field. Decent benefits.

Cons

No culture of growth, no transparency by management, a company populated by small thinkers who don't work hard instead of working smart.

Cultivate talented, intelligent individuals, foster a culture of recognition for high performing employees

A horrible company...don't work for them!

Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - All Call Spanish Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can work at home. That's about it.

Cons

Everything. Terrible pay, horrible benefits, if any. Intentionally sabotage employees, as an employee they make you feel completely undervalued and unappreciated. I came to work for this company when my old company was purchased by this one. The company I worked for previously paid me much more money and had a much more professional interpreter protocol. As soon as they became my employer, they lowered my pay little by little as their own employees were only paid minimum wage. They also would monitor interpreter calls, which is not uncommon in the Telephonic Interpretation industry, and is usually helpful in that it gives the interpreter positive feedback and also helps focus attention on areas that need improvement. But THEY did it in such a way to try and literally sabotage me in order to find a reason to fire me, as for whatever contactual reason I made more money than what they normally paid their interpreters and I was eventually let go for extremely minor mistakes. I now work for another telephonic interpretation company that is much more professional and I relish the fact that we have recovered many of our previous clients from Language Line. But Language Line is still making life difficult for competing companies in the state of California as they would like to monopolize the industry. I have nothing but utter disdain for this company and strongly discourage anyone from working there unless they are desperate for a job.

Wow, where do I begin? I don't really think any advice would help. I don't think they care about their employees at all and are not interested in recruiting or compensating highly skilled/trained, quality Interpreters. Just interested in finding cheap labor.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions