LanguageLine Solutions

www.languageline.com
  www.languageline.com
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Good place work from home

Former Employee - Phone Interpreter
Former Employee - Phone Interpreter

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

If you speak two or more lanuages, this is place to work. One good thing is you work from home.
You provide many customer services and sometimes they are very worth.

Cons

It can be stressful from time to time because you never know what kind of calls you are getting.
There are some rude customers too.

128 Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work from home

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

Work at home
    Awesome supervisors, trainers
    Great team
    Motivation to achieve higher levels of language proficiency
    Very professional environment
    Ok pay: pay is minimum wage or $0.35 per min which ever is more if working during a busy time turns out to be around $14 on average

Cons

No career growth or salary growth.....at least for the Interpreters. No benefits, they were trying to introduce some and the price I calculated with their rates for a 4 person household was around $600 a month as of 2009... I hope that it changed

Reward good employees. They deserve it. There are people that have been there for years and they seem like the only reason they are there is because it is a remote job... Now that these types of jobs are becoming common you risk to loose your best employees to other more rewarding job opportunities.

Language Line Is Not Worth To Work For

Current Employee - All Call Interpreter
    Current Employee - All Call Interpreter

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions

Pros

This is a company that allows interpreters and others to work in their own home setting. This is the only "sweet" point that attracts people who want to work for additional income but can't afford to leave their home ( mothers with kids, nearly retired people, college students .....). This is a place people can learn the interpretation skills on phone.

Cons

Above are the only two reasons people should stick with LLS. Other than that people should work for this company for a short while to get experience and they should move on for the better.
    1. There are no hope for professional growth with LLS. The company only hires people in USA when it has no choice. It hires most people from Latin America for cheaper cost.
    2. I was "tricked' into "converting to All Call Interpreters with all the trainings(on my own time) . And was able to get more calls routing to me. But the way LLS lists the time and pay per minute on my pay stuffs is so vague and confused that I was never can figure out whether I get paid correctly or not. No one of the company can give me a straight answer.
    3. The pay rate per minute for Customer Service Interpreters is $.3 and $.33 for the All call Interpreters. But they charge clients for $3.95 a minute. Regardless, I still do not know for sure how much I get paid per minute, $.3 or $.33 . Anyhow not a big difference. I'm screwed.
    4. When it comes to asking to change your work schedule, they make it so difficult, even if you let them know months in advance . In my case, I gave them 3 month notice of my new work schedule. Still I got denied. Some tricks you can do is just quit and re-apply to get a new work schedule.
    5. If you want to take vacation: tough luck. You are on your own to look for a swap from your co-workers . LLS never promotes and practices work/life balancing.
    6. Management communication is vague and shallow and rare. For the number of years working for
    LLS , I got only 2 meetings with my manager. And those were on un-paid time.
    7. With low pay, yet LLS expects a lot from interpreters. If you encounter LLS phone system problems , you are expected to file VOI tickets (Voice Of Interpreters) on your own un-paid time.
    8. In theory, the pay rate is $18/hr ($.3x60minutes) but you never get that . But calls do not come in without some waiting in between . So the average pay is around 12/13 bucks an hour.
    9. Your vocal cord could be damaged if you keep talking in 2 hours continuously though.

There are more cons but I can stop here. You get my point.

LLS should pay interpreters higher rate and give pay raises to interpreters on a yearly basis. More communication from management and pay people the time they attend meetings and trainings. LLS should stop this low pay tactics in order to spare money to buy others smaller companies.

There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions