There are newer employer reviews for LatPro.com

Lacks vision, leadership, and direction.

I worked at LatPro.com full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance. Possibility to work from home. Has some great people on the team in the lower ranks. Small company. Good team environment.

Cons

This is a struggling company constantly re-inventing itself. There is a critical lack of leadership and clear direction. This is an unoriginal product that can't keep up with the competition. Employees were forced to take several pay cuts for nearly a year as the company struggled. There is very high turn-over between people quitting, being laid off, or fired. This is a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Provide regular feedback. Foster employee growth. Reward loyalty. Pay fairly.

Other Employee Reviews for LatPro.com

1. founder and president

I have been working at LatPro.com full-time

Pros

Connecting bilingual and bicultural professionals with employers looking for those skills and knowledge is still very meaningful for us 17 years after pioneering this niche in online recruiting. We focus on the recruiting side of the business more than the Diversity image piece - that's where we started and where we still are. When you attend one of our job fairs you can see how our attention to quality and detail makes our events and company one-of-a-kind. That's why many of our team have been with the company for more than 10 years.

Cons

We had a difficult time making it through the recent recession and had to let number of good people go. No matter how you do it, it's traumatic for everyone but especially those that leave. We've never done it lightly because we are like a family.

Advice to Management

My view: The market is back and we have a bright future ahead of us. We work virtually, but are a tight-knit team and do good quality work we're proud of.

Abusive, lack of innovation, Learn to read between the lines

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at LatPro.com full-time

Pros

Telecommuting. A handful of creative and efficient personnel remain, who were a pleasure to work with. No red tape. Years ago this company had a future, but no longer the case.

Cons

Upper management very stubborn and ignorant to market reality. CEO did not consider input from qualified personnel regarding all decisions, such as usability, design, technologies. No innovation, just a mirror of competitors with all related matters including pricing, technologies, SEO strategies, interface, and more. CEO prides himself in his blog about hiring the right staff, management best practices, personnel management, yet does not apply them. Will not face any encounter or situation, instead will delegate this task to paid soldiers who lack personal skills. Critical lack of communication, leadership or company news. You will never get a raise unless you have a better offer elsewhere. Mediocre salaries, poor benefits, unfulfilled promises, and inexistent profit sharing plan masked by a non profit created to hide the little revenue attained. A "temporary" 15% salary cut turned into a two year struggle which was never compensated nor retributed. Upper management will sell you on three main points: profit sharing, work from home, opportunity to grow. The only one that is real is work from home as they do not have an office. This is a sinking ship with critical lack of leadership, mainly finance and sales. Critical company elements/departments are viewed as costs, instead of investments. Finance will nickel and dime you to the last penny, with or without reason nor logic.

Advice to Management

Face reality. If you are to fire staff, do so in person or at least via telephone, not via email. Instead of releasing qualified staff, you should start by looking at sales management. Lack of sales is a problem that should be solved from the root: top to bottom. Lack of management on your side is what made you blind about the real problems ( do you know how much time your employees spend on twitter?) If you want to get things done well and in a timely manner, you need to do the following: - Pay fairly - Invest in staff; company meetings, training, face to face interaction - Stop wasting time and money keeping old hardware - If you preach an open book policy, be clear with company finances. Staff is not blind.