There are newer employer reviews for Latham & Watkins

What dos this mean?

Former Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Latham & Watkins

Pros

Lots of money, which made the long hours worth it. Peers were all very smart. Cookies on fridays and beer on Thursdays.

Cons

Huge layoffs in 2009 and 2010. Firm really reacted poorly to market conditions and has not been helpful at all to those let go.

All I can say is that, after what has taken place, it's time to find a way to reinvigorate what is left of your work force and find a way to get competent law students to go to that firm. Reputation has been badly damaged.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Latham & Watkins (View Most Recent)

Latham & Watkins - Great benefits, great people

Current Employee - Support Staff  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Latham & Watkins

Pros

Latham provides some of the best benefits that I've seen with an employer. For the most part, they hire great people and the managers are of high caliber. The Firm is not frivoulous with their spending, but spend intelligently in order to weather the economy. They offer plenty of educational opportunities in order to improve upon your skill-set and encourage growth and promotions within the Firm.

Cons

Salary is not the most generous, but overall a great place to work.

Offer anonymous upward reviews.

Highly competent and classy place to work

Current Employee - Associate  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Latham & Watkins

Pros

Excellent lawyers, high level of professionalism, respect for the individuals. I worked in a regulatory practice and was supervised by highly competent people whom I respect.

Cons

Well, it's a big law firm. Work can balloon to consume you and while many of the matters are intellectually interesting, it's hard to have a handle on what you've actually accomplished.

The approach to associates of 'we know that the people who work here could work many other places' is a good one. In general continue to treat associates as individuals and with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Latham & Watkins

Worked for Latham & Watkins? Contribute to the Community!