Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)

www.layc-dc.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)

Very hardworking staff and great mission

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The differences we make in the lives of young people

Cons

They could do better with raising funds, especially unrestricted.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) (View Most Recent)

Great Mission, But Falls Way Short..

Former Contractor - Program Coordinator
    Former Contractor - Program Coordinator

I worked at Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great mission and vision to help Latinos in the DMV succeed in the educational, social, mental, and health aspect of their lives. The company has a great website and reputation among DC's non-profit orgs.

Cons

The organization has extremely/unusually high turnover rates. Employees are constantly and continuously being fired, transferred, or demoted/promoted. Once employed, there is literally NO professional on the job training. Employees, including all tiers of management, can be very cliquish especially so, it seems, if you are not Latino. The agency falls completely flat in terms of inter-agency communication.

Offer professional, structured job trainings for new employees in all positions. Offer a standard welcome orientation for new employees. Eliminate cliques in the workplace. Consider restructuring the ENTIRE organization in terms of communication. Try to lower the excessive employee turnover rates.

It's a good organization to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)

Pros

You can advance your career very quickly depending on how fast you can show creativity and discipline to what you do, and following up on the organization's policies and rules. Although I'm not sure on how far could someone go if your activities show that you're capable of more than what you have shown and/or done

Cons

It's a suitable organization for female employees; because what I have realize in there that female employees dominate the leadership ranks of the organization; although I'm not implying that male are not part of it, but female are the most prominent on it.

There are newer employer reviews for Latin American Youth Center (LAYC)