Laura Mercier Cosmetics

www.lauramercier.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Laura Mercier Cosmetics

Amazing employer loving working for them

Current Employee - Account Manager/Makeup Artist in Leeds, England (UK)
Current Employee - Account Manager/Makeup Artist in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Laura Mercier Cosmetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

amazing training and development opportunities

Cons

Not product allowance for the staff.

Advice to Management

Be open minded .

reviews filtered by
  1. Great for Artists!

Current Employee - Freelance Makeup Artist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Freelance Makeup Artist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Laura Mercier Cosmetics

Pros

I have always loved Laura Mercier's products and watching their artists at work at events. When I came to be an artist here, myself, I experienced phenomenal training through the company and even though I had years of previous experience, I learned Laura's way of artistry which has many unique and wonderful touches of luxury for the client. The philosophy behind Laura Mercier is one that resonates with me as an Esthetician/Makeup Artist. We are very skin focused, which I love, because I get to teach others how to take care of their own. My fellow artists and management in my area are some of the most professional and amazing women I have worked with to this day! I rarely feel cattyness amongst my team and management treats you with respect. I feel like I am appreciated at work every time I come to the counter but I also work hard to get clients into my chair and give the best service that I can. As artists, we cater to our clients to make them feel beautiful and at home by listening to their needs and not overselling. The compensation depends on experience but it is one of the higher paying lines (so I've been told). Many people that I work with have been with the company for 5+ years for a reason. It is a very pleasant environment and I love being able to make my own schedule (as long as you can work most weekends) so it's not difficult getting time off.

Cons

It's challenging to get hired as an artist. Usually must have proved yourself enough at a counter or get a good referrel from someone. People making the schedule make mistakes from time to time so it's important to pay attention to it and catch them.

2. Disastrous.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Laura Mercier Cosmetics

Pros

Typical celebrate most working Holidays - such as Halloween, Valentines, Easter by doing some sort of employee appreciation. Clean, Beautiful office. Summer Hours.

Cons

Management lack ability to be consistent and fair to all employees. High turnover in Finance due to inconsistencies and lack of appreciation. Favoritism runs deep. Be careful who you trust as they are likely to stab you in the back to get ahead. If you aren't part of the clique - beware. Might as well look for employment else where as they will make your working career there miserable.