Laureate Education
www.laureate.net Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Decent Place to Work

Baltimore, MD

ProsSalary and benefits are competitive. Some of the best people in Baltimore work at Laureate.

ConsPolitics have become overwhelming. Budgets have been cut and when people leave, the company appears to hope nobody notices. Many managers are not genuine. They treat their employees poorly, but report to other senior management that their staff is happy and productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlmost all social activities have been curtailed in recent years. Employees aren't relating to each other and that affects the enthusiasm for the job. Although the company says they are collaborative, in reality, senior management is very autocratic and demands that orders be followed.

Good if you are in the top 1%, profit focused and not education focused

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Salary is higher than average in Baltimore. - Can be promoted if… Cons: - Benefits are average and activated only after 1 month of work. (1 month without benefits is expensive if you have a family) - Commute… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a consulting firm like McKinsey to assess the situation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nice place to work, challenging

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Challenging environment, lots of learning, lots of work, I like it. If you work… Cons: Its a lot of work. But I don't see it… Advice to Senior Management: Try to balance work/personal life... More
There are newer reviews on Laureate Education.

Worked for Laureate Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laureate Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Laureate Education CEO Doug Becker. All reviews posted anonymously by Laureate Education employees.