Laureate Education
www.laureate.net Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Academic Advisor

Academic Advisor (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat area in downtown Baltimore
Decent starting pay
work/life balance is good if you're a salaried employee, not so much if you're hourly
Great diversity of people
Leadership is easy to talk to

ConsCareer advancement is almost non-existent. Unless you're in the "in-crowd" or as they say, "create a position/opportunity for yourself", be prepared to be in your same position for 2,5, or 10 years.

Lots of emphasis on growing the business internationally. But Laureate is dropping the ball on focusing right here in the U.S. and creating opportunities here. 5 schools under Laureate in the U.S., but 60+ internationally. I like the growth but I shouldn't have to consider moving to Gdansk, Poland for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees means a growing business. Career growth is needed. You'd be surprised how much talent and expertise is on the bottom/entry-level that could truly impact the business. Some of your "leaders" are just punching the clock and are out of touch.

Check your ego at the door!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive salaries, location, free coffee Cons: Little vacation and personal leave, no opportunities for professional development, unqualified coworkers allowed to undermine and even bypass the work of… Advice to Senior Management: Empower staff to own their positions, and give them the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Education company that does not bring education value.

Secret Town, CA

I have been working at Laureate Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: No pros for this company. Cons: How is it possible to work in an EDUCATION company that does not motivate… Advice to Senior Management: PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Laureate Education.

Worked for Laureate Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laureate Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Laureate Education CEO Doug Becker. All reviews posted anonymously by Laureate Education employees.