Laureate Education
www.laureate.net Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Seemed like a great international company, but no such benefits

ProsStable job if you work as a part of the team that's necessary for overall function of the company (such as SST or Academic Advising). As part of these teams, you also get to go to the residencies, so once a year at least you do get to go to another location and actually interact with students and other employees from different locations.

ConsNo career advancement. If you work hard, you might advance only if you know the right people and those people actually want to advance you. Otherwise, you will never advance, unless you try to make an opportunity for yourself or pretty much what happens is, people find jobs elsewhere. The company stopped giving out yearly bonuses and yearly raises have become so minimal that management says that we should be happy we got a raise at all because the budget has been tight. However, we hear of Laureate acquiring all these other universities around the world, but it seems like they have no time to show appreciation to their hard working employees. Being salary employee, you would think you get the benefits of leaving early or taking an extend lunch, but instead we are actually being watched all the time and feel like we are chained to our desks. If we want to try to work out getting off early, we need to make up those hours on another day. So much for being a salary employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more rather than overworking them for no compensation to match that hard work. You are letting the great talent leave your company because you are looking at the overall picture rather than little people that make that overall picture happen.

Poorly Managed Poorly Staffed

Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Laureate Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The Location was nice and for a job right out… Cons: Upper management cares more about numbers than staff well-being. In the three years I was there the Student Support team morphed from one-on-one client customer… Advice to Senior Management: Enrollment should be focused on students that actually have the means to complete a program (technical savvy, funding). Build an actual training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Check your ego at the door!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

I worked at Laureate Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: Competitive salaries, location, free coffee Cons: Little vacation and personal leave, no opportunities for professional development, unqualified coworkers allowed to undermine and even bypass the work of… Advice to Senior Management: Empower staff to own their positions, and give them the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Laureate Education.

Worked for Laureate Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Laureate Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Laureate Education CEO Doug Becker. All reviews posted anonymously by Laureate Education employees.