Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

Legal Assistant

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

Pros

The office is pretty flexible if you are attending or planning on attending university or grad school. They have different shifts because the firm is so busy due to the industry it is in. There is no dress code, so you can wear sweat pants to work if you wanted to since the clients rarely visit.

Cons

I think now the 8am05pm shift is gone and you have to choose between a morning or night shift (5am-1:30pm or 1:30pm-10pm) and that means sharing a desk with someone. They also pay significantly less than competing firms that do the same type of work around the Tampa Bay area.

I would suggest recognizing the good people you end up hiring. A lot of college kids come in because of flexibility, but their efforts are not recognized. Also, I wished management was more open to suggestions for morale boosting. Morale was the biggest problem around the office.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra (View Most Recent)

Need to start over

I have been working at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

Pros

no dress code..Cameras all around not to watch the property but to watch the people. No trust.

Cons

This company has a very high employment turn over. They are not loyal to anyone. They treat you like you are in high school. I wouldnt trust them with any of my business. Its ashame that the managment team is the one that is running the place into the ground. I have never seen a company hire and fire over 100 employees within 6 months. Its like a revolving door. The pay is about the amount you wil recieve at McDonalds. You have to get permission to have a pot luck. wow.....Kindergarten program.

The worst career move of my life!

I worked at Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra

Pros

Casual work environment and nice co-workers

Cons

This office resembles a call center more than a law firm. Management is completely disrespectful to staff. There are no ethical guidelines whatsoever. Paralegals are expected to churn out tons of pleadings and attorneys just sign everything without reading anything. There are no good attorneys there as all of the good ones seem to leave within a few months. Attorneys are not encouraged to properly review work. Managers, not attorneys, run the firm and tell both the paralegals and attorneys what to do.

Management should all be fired and people with a decent work ethic and respect for the law should be hired. If not, the firm will continue to have such a high turn around. After the first two months, everyone cannot wait to find a new job. Clearly management is awful!

There are newer employer reviews for Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra