Lawrence Berkeley Lab

www.lbl.gov

Working @ LBL

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsVery nice location: full of nature and it's just behind a quiet Berkeley residence area (north side of the campus). Frequent shuttle service so you don't need a car if you live in Berkeley area or don't mind commuting. Reasonably good pay as it is a national lab. Great machine/electronic shops with skilled engineers. Full of options to search for spare parts or NIM modules!

ConsIf you drive a car to your work, getting a parking space is a pain. You must come very early in the morning, and you cannot leave in mid-day because someone will take your spot...

Too much technology, too little science?

Graduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Lawrence Berkeley Lab part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Cool work, big budgets. The lab has the potential to get the most out… Cons: No clear vision for work, no freedom to find own way. Instead of allowing… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Okay Place to work

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Lawrence Berkeley Lab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great place to learn stuff Cons: Stifling Bureaucracy; top heavy organization. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Worked for Lawrence Berkeley Lab? Contribute to the Community!