Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
www.llnl.gov Livermore, CA 5000+ Employees

Challenging and rewarding place to work for a scientist or engineer

Physicist (Current Employee)
Livermore, CA

ProsLots of very smart people, grand scientific challenges, world class experimental facilities and computing power, great compensation and benefits. Opportunities to advance quickly and take on responsibility. Flexibility to move to new projects and develop new skills.

ConsGovernment bureaucracy, onerous security rules, feels management top-heavy at times (even when you are a manager), getting jerked around by Congress. High-stress working environment in some projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak more often, but say less.

Ok Company to work for

Computer Scientist (Current Employee)
    Livermore, CA

I have been working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great community. Depending upon the group you are in… Cons: Lots of red tape. Constrained by government and their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best place I have ever worked, but still room for improvement.

Electronics Engineer (Current Employee)
    Livermore, CA

I have been working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for more than 10 years

Pros: City of Livermore is a great place to live. There are opportunities to participate in world-class science. Much of the work is satisfying and important… Cons: The Department of Energy (LLNL's master) is a seriously screwed up organization. Numerous stupid policies and procedures. Wild swings in funding. Salaries are just… Advice to Senior Management: Resist the stupid policies and procedures that are initiated by Washington.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.

Worked for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory CEO Bill Goldstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory employees.