Lazard
www.lazard.com Hamilton, Bermuda 1000 to 5000 Employees

I left prior to 2006 but these comments are still relevant

Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe amount of responsibility that can be delegated to employees low down on the overall professional hierarchy is impressive and can be a tremendous learning environment for rapid maturity for these younger employees. As one of the few investment banking firms left, and with its tremendous history, you can get some very interesting assignments delegated to smart, but 'green' (new) employees. .

ConsIt's hard work if business is busy. Don't plan on seeing your significant others much if you are working late night after night and weekends. However, that runs with the cycles. I suspect that with the economic slowdown the quality of life is much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with Felix. His name is not in the running for the Obama administration so perhaps he can come back to Lazard one more time?

Good place to work at

Investment Banking Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Lazard

Pros: Lazard has a great reputation and is generally a good place to work. The place has some very talented and reputed senior level bankers. Deal… Cons: The company is light on admin and you often have to get a whole lot of work admin done yourself. The… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more communication between regions and offices. I feel each office and country is run like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Waste of time

Analyst (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Lazard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good learning experience (BUT you 90% of everything you need to learn in 6 months and then start repeating yourself) Some of the old bankers are… Cons: Huge nepotism - "what school did you go to haw haw" Layers of mediocre senior and mid-management Huge amounts of unnecessary work London in perpetual decline -… Advice to Senior Management: If you really want to retain people stop killing them for no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lazard.

Worked for Lazard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lazard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lazard CEO Kenneth M. Jacobs. All reviews posted anonymously by Lazard employees.