Lcra

www.lcra.org
There are newer employer reviews for Lcra

Need more communication

I have been working at Lcra

Pros

work enviroment, work life balance

Cons

Lack of communication for employees

22 Other Employee Reviews for Lcra (View Most Recent)

The state agency mission is laudable; but the slow pace is not for everyone

I have been working at Lcra

Pros

The people are the assets and the liabilities of LCRA. Putting in a fair amount of initiative can make you appear as a high achiever. Very hard to fire people, so in a way there is a high level of job security. The majority of my peers are good, nice people who fit well working for a state agency like LCRA. The family analogy is used frequently, I would agree (although there is clearly good and bad things about running a state agency like a family owned business.

Cons

The entitlement attitude of the employees is LCRA's achille's heel. Average tenure of an employee seems to be well over 10 years; thus there is a huge amount of inertia to get anything done within a reasonable time. Time is something LCRA has plenty of, so there is no hurry to do anything efficiently. If you've worked in the private sector, then moving to LCRA should make you pause; don't be fooled, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a duck. LCRA is a state agency with all of its quirky employees who couldn't survive in the private sector and have a home serving the mission of LCRA.

Although change can occur in any direction (top down; bottom up), LCRA is starving for mid management leadership.

I learned quite a lot about transmission services and a good overview of the workings of the company.

Former Employee - Transmission Services Engineering Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Transmission Services Engineering Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Lcra

Pros

Everyone was really friendly and very helpful towards me and made me feel very welcome. Extensive tours of power plants!

Cons

I was somewhat disappointed with they pay as an engineering intern although I learnt a lot over the summer and made the most of it.

Take advice from the experienced senior engineers that have a lot of experience and have worked in previous companies and use their suggestions to go forward

There are newer employer reviews for Lcra