Lcra

An Organization With Too Many Employees - Total Mediocrity at its best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Lcra

Pros

LCRA has outstanding medical benefits. They offer great retirement packages. The main headquarters are in a beautiful area of Austin - overlooking Lake Austin. A positive work experience at LCRA depends entirely on the division and your direct supervisor. Elaborate retreat centers and facilities.

Cons

Austin is a very left-leaning city with many environmental activists. LCRA is a haven for these people. If you are of a conservative Republican mindset and work for a liberal who is also an environmental wacko, you will experience a bumpy ride. As far as my experience, bad reviews and write-ups came out of thin air, often delivered by second-hand gossip. Men who work under a female supervisor have a particularly difficult time. My supervisor caused me to spiral into deep anxiety which led to numerous panic attacks. HR is a joke at LCRA!! This organization is very political, since they are the largest wholesale supplier of electricity and water in Texas. When review time for your supervisor comes up, his/her boss brings you and all the other people in his/her department for a "team review" of the supervisor. Say anything bad about your supervisor and your co-workers will take you down. On two review, our group warned the manager that our supervisor was a bully. After these "reviews" my supervisor ramped up her attacks and criticism. By the way, the LCRA is overseen by a board of directors appointed by the governor of Texas. When board meetings occur, you would think you were watching a group of holy men and women. As an employee at LCRA, if you have any contact with a board member you are to report it immediately.

There are too many departments and employees at LCRA. Don't allow environmental wackos to establish programs without a complete fact check. You hear positive comments about the power divisions at LCRA. WATERCO is the division with most of the problems with lots of politics and worthless programs and projects.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Lcra (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Lcra

Pros

Extremely Friendly People
    Recession-Proof Company, as people will always use electricity
    Beautiful Office Plaza
    Commitment to Integrity
    Flexible Work Schedule

Cons

The biggest improvement I can think of is that the lunchroom could have used a TV. Since that is my biggest complaint, I obviously think this is a great place to work.

I think they are doing a great job. Thomas Mason is committed to running a transparent public utitlity that is free from corruption.

Wholesale Power Services

Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Lcra

Pros

LCRA has a reputation of stable employment, great benefits and impactful work while maintaining a generous amount of time to enjoy Austin outside of work.

Cons

The company is slow moving and stable by design. There are not many avenues to pursue training at the beginning of one's career.

Management has a strong understanding of the needs of the company and its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lcra