Le Gourmet Chef
www.legourmetchef.com Paramus, NJ 50 to 149 Employees

Opportunities for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Jackson, NJ

ProsGreat opportunities for advancement if you are intelligent and motivated.

ConsYou're working every holiday and weekend. No set schedules so you work late one night open early the next day your sleep cycle gets really messed up. Very possible to work 7 days in a row without a day off and usually don't get two days off in a row.

This is pretty much the case in every retail job I've ever had though so not a real strike against the company. LGC was definitely one of the best retail jobs I've taken. No longer in retail because the hours are terrible and the pay is not enough to live on.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate and consistent with your scheduling and your employees will be much happier. There are a lot of people out there that would love to work all night or all days. Nobody like switching back and forth, I would have loved all nights personally. Day shifts were what killed me.

Good store management, silly corporate management

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Allen, TX

I worked at Le Gourmet Chef part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good starting wage for basic retail Flexible scheduling - able to trade… Cons: Corporate management required changing storefront layout nearly every week. This is a store with many heavy kitchen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great core group of workers, Management and home office don't know what they are doing.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Le Gourmet Chef part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: We had a great group of 4 core workers. Very dependable, knowledgeable,… Cons: Seasonal part timers were not dependable and brought too much drama to the store. Work, do your job and then go home. Pay is low,… Advice to Senior Management: You needed to listen to the employees on the front lines more. They are the ones the public has interaction with every single day. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Le Gourmet Chef.

Worked for Le Gourmet Chef? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Le Gourmet Chef reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Le Gourmet Chef CEO Randolph J. Gawelek. All reviews posted anonymously by Le Gourmet Chef employees.