There are newer employer reviews for Leadnomics

Great company to grow with

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and innovative culture Opportunity to work with tons of smart and motivated colleagues in the industry. Great location and seriously awesome view of Philadelphia. The office itself is really great too. Lots of opportunity for advancement within the company for those who are motivated enough to seek it. Perks, such as a huge variety of snacks, weekly catered lunches, frequent company outings, and office games (ping-pong, video games, board games)

Cons

Employees are expected to wear many hats and often don't have clear-cut roles. If you are looking for a job where you can expect do the same tasks every day and have a lot of management oversight, then this is definitely not the place for you. Since it is a small and growing company, there are obviously some growing pains. The company is currently in the process of evolving from a very small start-up to a larger, more traditional business. This means that there are constantly changes taking place which might deter those who prefer working in a more slow-moving, predictable environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Leadnomics

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Leadnomics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy-going people, flexibility, good hours, very good open office, stocked pantry, great opportunity to learn and experiment, great people to talk to at sister companies, company parties, good benefits, some very intelligent people with good grasp, lots of different problems to work on and lots of customers, convenient location

Cons

pursuit of aggressive growth avenues and lack of technical comprehension, indecision by upper echelon leading to missteps, resource under-utilization, and other growing pains that most startups face

Advice to Management

startups thrive because direction, agility, and execution. sometimes you have to slow down before you can speed up to make sure everything is on track

4+ Years Here and Still Loving the Ride

Current Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Leadnomics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Thoughts On the Culture: I love that my co-workers always jump at the opportunity to get together with each other, even with people across several teams. At our weekly catered lunches you’ll regularly see the guys & gals from engineering chatting with the business development crew or you’ll see operations mingling with the business intelligence team. Also, when 4pm rolls around you’ll regularly see people from several teams sharing a beer around our kitchen island before finishing out their day. 2) Thoughts On the Leadership: I report to the Director of Engineering and get the sense that he is very invested in my success and the personal success of my teammates. Plus, I get the sense that managers from other areas of the business also go above and beyond to figure out what makes their team members tick as individuals and work with them to tackle any blockers they may encounter in their roles. Lastly, managers from several teams regularly go out of their way to draw attention the successes of their team members. 3) Thoughts On Upward Mobility: When I first started there were 8 of us in the office and had little need for ‘managers.’ Now that we’ve scaled to an office of 40-50 people splitting into teams has been a must. Two great things have happened in our growth. First, we’ve brought on a few managers that have experience. Having a manager with experience and an open door means having access to a mentor which isn’t always readily available if a company strictly promotes from within. Second, many of my peers (me included) have had the opportunity to become first-time managers. I’ve even seen a few interns rise through the ranks to be meaningful full-time contributors during my tenure. In my opinion the company has struck a great balance between promoting from within and bringing in outside experience.

Cons

Our processes aren’t as set-in-stone as you might find at a larger company. Occasionally, we have to make slight tweaks to the way we get business done. I prefer this over outdated processes slowing us down but not everyone enjoys change so I think this is personal preference.

Advice to Management

Get us into the community. We have plenty of opportunities to contribute inside the office to charity (ex Movember, Toys4Tots, etc). However, it would be great to also have the opportunity to roll up our sleeves and get out of the office to make an impact in Philly. Bonus, working together for a common cause would be a great team building opportunity!