Worst Place to Work

Former Employee - Finance Manager
Former Employee - Finance Manager

I worked at Leap Wireless

Pros

The company provides minimal opportunity to take on new and exciting work. You receive a free or discounted phone program.

Cons

Overall, this has been the worst place I've worked. Extreme corporate america culture. They truly truly believe in face time. General work hours are from 8am to 7:30/8pm. About 20% of the time, we had to stay until midnight and come in on the weekend!!! No extra pay for this by the way.
Everything is extremely fast paced here. Management expects you to turn projects around in a matter of hours. My manager would come in to my office and ask me to do a project and request it to be completed in approx. 4 hours!!!! INSANE!!!!
No senior management support. It's also like a fraternity. Either they like you or not; that simple. If they don't like you, you will not get invited to various "special" events, lunches, etc. At that point, they will build a case against you and push you out.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

Judge people by the quality of their work; don't be subjective.
Reward your employee's for their hard work.
Projects do not need to be turned around in a matter of hours.
Promote work/life balance.

Other Reviews for Leap Wireless

Fast-moving frustration

I worked at Leap Wireless

Pros

Solid product focus and a better understanding of cost containment than most wireless companies. Leap's business model is truly more efficient than that of most competitors.

Cons

Project management is very immature. Most new initiatives are a deadly combination of firefighting and death march. Office politics soar to new heights, and it's unfortunately true that one's success depends mostly on who you know and are friendly with rather than actual skill level. There's something of a history of tolerance for misconduct among senior staff, but that tolerance absolutely does not extend to the junior levels of the organization.

Understand that valuable advice and feedback can come from all parts of the organization--even the front-line employees who interact with customers!

Great place great people to work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Leap Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Got to work with some of the best teams.

Cons

long hours and lots of work after hours

Keep up the good work

There are newer employer reviews for Leap Wireless.

Worked for Leap Wireless? Contribute to the Community!