There are newer employer reviews for Leap Wireless

Worst Place to Work

Former Employee - Finance Manager
Former Employee - Finance Manager

I worked at Leap Wireless

Pros

The company provides minimal opportunity to take on new and exciting work. You receive a free or discounted phone program.

Cons

Overall, this has been the worst place I've worked. Extreme corporate america culture. They truly truly believe in face time. General work hours are from 8am to 7:30/8pm. About 20% of the time, we had to stay until midnight and come in on the weekend!!! No extra pay for this by the way.
Everything is extremely fast paced here. Management expects you to turn projects around in a matter of hours. My manager would come in to my office and ask me to do a project and request it to be completed in approx. 4 hours!!!! INSANE!!!!
No senior management support. It's also like a fraternity. Either they like you or not; that simple. If they don't like you, you will not get invited to various "special" events, lunches, etc. At that point, they will build a case against you and push you out.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

Advice to Management

Judge people by the quality of their work; don't be subjective.
Reward your employee's for their hard work.
Projects do not need to be turned around in a matter of hours.
Promote work/life balance.

reviews filtered by

Fast-moving frustration

I worked at Leap Wireless

Pros

Solid product focus and a better understanding of cost containment than most wireless companies. Leap's business model is truly more efficient than that of most competitors.

Cons

Project management is very immature. Most new initiatives are a deadly combination of firefighting and death march. Office politics soar to new heights, and it's unfortunately true that one's success depends mostly on who you know and are friendly with rather than actual skill level. There's something of a history of tolerance for misconduct among senior staff, but that tolerance absolutely does not extend to the junior levels of the organization.

Advice to Management

Understand that valuable advice and feedback can come from all parts of the organization--even the front-line employees who interact with customers!

2. They are trying, but can fall short.

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Leap Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing, the salary is competitive, work-life balance is valued.

Cons

Office culture seemed like it was great everywhere EXCEPT the Phoenix office. Not a fun or welcoming atmosphere there. Constantly felt like any above/beyond was wasted because you were stepping outside your job description. Also, there was this underlying fear of getting let go at any moment, which is a terrible feeling to have all the time especially when you are someone that does work hard.

Advice to Management

Cheer up the office! Embrace the talent you have.

There are newer employer reviews for Leap Wireless