LeapFrog
www.leapfrog.com Emeryville, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great opportunities for hard workers

Emeryville, CA

ProsSmall company that has potential for future growth. Products we make are making a difference in peoples lives. Since it's a small company, your work is noticed, for better or for worse.

ConsYou can't ever miss a beat, it's fast paced and the company is REALLY depending on you to perform. Many people who have been with the company for a long time seem to have great job security even though their work effort is greatly reduced. It's a marketing company first, engineering company 2nd (maybe 3rd...4th...). Engineering does not receive the recognition and budgeting that it deserves which causes products to have high potential but poor execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to thin out on the under performers and better recognize over achievers, especially outside of the sales and marketing team, the engineering team is where the products come from, yet they never receive company wide recognition for their work, while people who secured a deal with Target seem to be well thanked, remember there would be no deal to make if engineering had not come through.

Lots of progress

Manager (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

I have been working at LeapFrog

Pros: Fun products that help kids learn. Great brand. Fun place to work. … Cons: Over the years I have seen a lot of changes. There's been lots of turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Lots of positive changes in 2011. New leadership has made lots… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good brand; terrible senior management

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at LeapFrog

Pros: - Fun, creative co-workers. Casual culture - Work-life balance - Products that make you feel good about your job - Decent benefits… Cons: - Cartel of incompetent senior management: legacy management that needs to be replaced with leaders who can adapt to today's market demands - Politics, politics, politics:… Advice to Senior Management: Consider restructuring the teams. Nurture collaborative environment. Hire leaders, not managers. Try harder in retaining your best talent.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LeapFrog.

Worked for LeapFrog? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LeapFrog reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LeapFrog CEO John Barbour. All reviews posted anonymously by LeapFrog employees.