There are newer employer reviews for LeapFrog

Creative opportunities are interesting, but the advancement and compensation is embarrassing.

Current Employee - Producer in Emeryville, CA
Current Employee - Producer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at LeapFrog

Pros

The work is interesting an the people are pretty nice. I am happy to be working on something that helps kids, kids enjoy and parent love. Most similar industry positions produce a product that is just for entertainment value. I also enjoy the work environment. The space is open and comfortable.

Cons

The salaries are not competitive across the company. The executive team is all men. There is no credit given on products design.

Advice to Management

Recognize your incredible staff, employees that work hard, long hours and design amazing products. Give advancement to those who deserve it, allow opportunity to grow with the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was a great place to work and maybe heading that way again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at LeapFrog

Pros

Between 2000 and 2006, the people I worked with on a daily basis were smart, competent and helpful. Generally, a pleasant environment. People there were focused on having a good time getting the work done. Work schedules were generally flexible.

Cons

From 2006 till my departure it seemed like upper management was disconnected. Bloated executive layer. Lack of top-down communication. Managerial churn.

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics. Focus on the company's core strengths -- rich, educational content delivered creatively and effectively, in my humble opinion.

Great opportunities for hard workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at LeapFrog

Pros

Small company that has potential for future growth. Products we make are making a difference in peoples lives. Since it's a small company, your work is noticed, for better or for worse.

Cons

You can't ever miss a beat, it's fast paced and the company is REALLY depending on you to perform. Many people who have been with the company for a long time seem to have great job security even though their work effort is greatly reduced. It's a marketing company first, engineering company 2nd (maybe 3rd...4th...). Engineering does not receive the recognition and budgeting that it deserves which causes products to have high potential but poor execution.

Advice to Management

Need to thin out on the under performers and better recognize over achievers, especially outside of the sales and marketing team, the engineering team is where the products come from, yet they never receive company wide recognition for their work, while people who secured a deal with Target seem to be well thanked, remember there would be no deal to make if engineering had not come through.