LeapFrog

www.leapfrog.com
  www.leapfrog.com
There are newer employer reviews for LeapFrog

Leading children's technology

I have been working at LeapFrog full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Motivated and Inspired employees
Fair benefits

Cons

Traditional hierarchy with multiple levels of management
Little room for growth

104 Other Employee Reviews for LeapFrog (View Most Recent)

good company, smart people, and great products to be proud of

Former Employee - Program Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Emeryville, CA

I worked at LeapFrog full-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly and comfortable working environment, smart and hard-working people, and great products that align with personal values

Cons

if the company is going through transition, be expecting chaos

please respect the people that make things happen

Would be a great place to work if not for overly emotional managers

Current Employee - Accounting in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at LeapFrog full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LeapFrog is a company with an incredible mission - helping children achieve their potential. We make a difference in children's lives everyday!

The flexible working environment allows me to take care of personal commitments and still hold a professional full time job.

The company has gone through an incredible transformation and is profitable after losing money for several years.

The new CEO has a big heart and does a great job instilling confidence and recognizing the teams that work hard behind the scenes.

Our products rock! We consistently win accolades from the most respected toy industry associations

The ESPP is great. It's helped defray some of the compensation gaps.

Cons

The compensation and benefits are not up to par with other companies in the area.

We need better prioritization and focus - we have about 15 "big eggs" which makes it difficult to know which are the most important.

The Company openly talks about the challenges and what needs to get done, but it's hard to see whether we are making any progress against the key initiatives.

Cross team collaboration is discouraged, instead we are focused on discrediting HR, Legal and other parts of finance to ensure the accounting team looks good. I've been encouraged to cover up mistakes, which i feel horrible about, but not doing so would have put my job at risk. This behavior would not be tolerated at any other companies.

There is a veil of secrecy with respect to getting things done. Far too often there are too many closed-door meetings through out the entire organization. While business has improved, there is a sense of paranoia that there will be more layoffs once growth slows.

The lack leadership and maturity in the Controller's team. Incredible mood swings, different personas when CEO/CFO are present, openly complaining about senior management, and fostering a confrontational relationship with the groups we interact with the most makes it challenging to align as part of her team.

The morale of our team is deteriorating quickly. Our new CFO hasn't reached out to get to know anyone on the finance/accounting team other than a few select people.

It's unclear what our team strategies are and where we are headed. At most meetings where my VP is present she is completely silent. Instead, leads in Supply Chain and IT drive most of the decisions. If there is input from Accounting, it always comes from one of the accounting managers.

Please help with setting a manageable number of priorities.

We also need to do a better job tracking progress of how we are accomplishing our goals.

Take a very close look at the ranks below the most senior executive team. Some functional key leaders were placed in critical roles a few years back. It's time we recognize that they are in over their heads. If we want to become truly world class we need to make additional personnel changes quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for LeapFrog