There are newer employer reviews for Leapforce

Baffling at Times

Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX
Current Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Leapforce as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The company is legit.
You do get paid.
Easy work from home

Cons

I just got a negative review but there is no indication as to what I did wrong or how I can improve. Dont know if I'm not working fast enough or not doing something right. I feel like we arent really evaluating but simply justifying predetermined results. It also feels like other raters are just "playing along" and giving them the results they appear to want (which in turn makes honest people look bad). I think when there is communication that you cant disagree; you just have to agree with whatever they are saying regardless of what you actually think. My real issue here is that my background makes me highly qualified to be doing this. I cant imagine how I could not be doing a bang-up job.

Work is very repetitive

Others have said they regulate hours and I believe this is true. I find that when I hit around 3-4 hours my que just goes empty. This happens regardless of the time of day

Many of the tasks are vague and/or require you to just guess

Better feedback/training/communication
Understand that Google is not delivering quality results anymore and its getting harder and harder to find what you need. Most of the results I rate are absolute trash and would aggrevate me if they came up in a search I was doing.
Just because a site has tons of Google ads doesnt make it useful or relevant

reviews filtered by

Leapforce is not what it seems.

Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Contractor - Search Engine Evaluator in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay.
    Work-at-home job.
    "Flexible" hours.
    Appealing to information-seekers.
    Easy work, for the most part.

Cons

Unprofessional
    Ridiculous policies
    The "flexible" hours
    Customer/Agent services

First off, this job is not as easy as they make it seem. You are an independent contractor, meaning you are responsible for yourself, your workload, your hours, your payment, etc. It is your responsibility. However, at the same time, Leapforce is very specific about their rules, and almost seem to micromanage everything that is done.
    There are services and other agents available to help, but if you find yourself struggling, you get the most minimal of warnings before you're cut off. It seems that they would rather not be bothered to help out the people working for them.

They advertise that the hours are flexible, but this is almost false advertising. Due to the nature of the work and the number of people working at the company, it's a "first come, first serve" kind of deal. If you think you can just wake up in the afternoon and work until the evening, think again. A lot of the time, there is barely any work to be done, which is a death trap if you're trying your best to make the specified hour and task requirement.

Lastly, if you have a question regarding information, policies, or payment, don't even bother calling. In fact, it would be easier if you pretended they didn't have a phone line at all, because that's as helpful as it is. There is no one to answer the phones; it is all machine voicemail. If you leave a message, more than 85% of the time, they will not get back to you.
    Everything is through email. The only thing I can say is that they answer [fairly] promptly when sent an email. However, most of the time, when replied to, it is often a "copy and paste" response that doesn't offer much assistance aside from reiterating contract regulation and policies. When prompted for an agent response in terms of help and information, the times that I have been responded to have been met with rude and unprofessional responses. No obscenities or insults, but their answers were very curt and almost haughty.

Overall, this is a very unprofessional company, and I would not refer anyone.

Leapforce has no respect for their employees or they don't know how to communicate with them either.

Former Employee - Data Evaluator @ Google Inc in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Data Evaluator @ Google Inc in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Leapforce

Pros

When doing search engine work working from home, when doing data evaluation they provide with a time flexibilities when to start and when to leave as long as you bring in your 8 hours per day.
    They very easy when you ask for time off, although that is not paid, so I think they should be flexible with time off.

Cons

No paid time off, no benefits, low pay, rude HR representatives i.e. rude responses in their employee communications via email, you're being treated like a number. When you give notice you don't get a chance to tell you your side of the story, no motiviation.

I don't know Daren Jackson, but his employees don't have a lot of HR experiences, maybe provide more training and/or review corresponds to employees prior to emailing it. Maybe Daren should sit in to some of the interviews, employee meetings.

There are newer employer reviews for Leapforce