Learning Care Group

www.learningcaregroup.com
  www.learningcaregroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group

Large company that still retains a smaller company feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate that we have a strong but accessible leadership team in place including a female CEO and female COO. The changes to the executive leadership team over the years have been for the positive. Most everyone at this company and especially at HQ genuinely wants to help the schools, the families and the children.

Cons

Working in the metro Detroit market, yes, you might be able to get higher comp and some better benefits working for the autos or auto suppliers but other things like worklife balance, good co-workers, doing meaningful work, working in a supportive environment are just as important or in some cases more important to me. Everyone has to decide what is most important to them for their career.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Learning Care Group (View Most Recent)

What a joke!

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Rochester, NY

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The children and families that you service for the most part. Wonderful coworkers.

Cons

There are no room for professional growth. No raises. benefits are more expensive and no longer match 401k. Directors are required to cut hours, supplies and cut corners. I had a director once tell our staff that she was required to find 3 faults on every employees review so when the raise freeze was over she wouldn't have to really give raises. Corprate cut out our cleaners and required staff to clean their own rooms. You can imagine how much clleaning or sanitizing happened when hours were cut or staff was sent home early. In the last year I worked for ChildTime, my toys got put thru the dishwasher once. We had mice, ants and major lice and illness outbreaks. No art supplies, or even basics like paper towels at times.

Offer quality childcare and your enrollments and profits will rise. Start appreciating your staff, We are the reasons the families returnday in and out.

No room for advancement

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

safe environment and strong curriculum. our school was a million-dollar school. thanks to the teachers.

Cons

consistent lack of materials to perform duties, unorganized, no raises (ever!), very strict and unforgiving policies. In my 3 years of employment, I never received a raise and my vacation pay would never be put into my paycheck when i took a yearly vacation. Seems like LCG wants to cut a lot of corners and the centers are suffering!

Listen to the parents and the teachers and address the issues that seem to be pretty consistent no matter who you speak to.

There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group