Enjoyable but unaffordable -tutor time

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*I loved my co-workers, fellow teachers and even management * I had alot of fun doing activities with the children * The hours were great, no weekends *over all a pretty happy place to work, *Great parents, over all nice people throughout the building

Cons

* CONSTANTLY getting sick * Working overtime but never getting paid for it (4 days I would work 9-10 hours then the 5th come in later and/or take a 3hr break) * Over ratio * EXTREMELY understaffed * Poor communication at times with management * Getting hours cut (full time-part time) because the company rather have as few full time teachers as possible (less benefits having to be offered) * Extremely under paid * Unreasonable expectations: they want enrollment to be extremely high, but are unwilling to hire/ allow full time employees.

Advice to Management

If you want enrollment to be high you need to staff your schools!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Large company that still retains a smaller company feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate that we have a strong but accessible leadership team in place including a female CEO and female COO. The changes to the executive leadership team over the years have been for the positive. Most everyone at this company and especially at HQ genuinely wants to help the schools, the families and the children.

Cons

Working in the metro Detroit market, yes, you might be able to get higher comp and some better benefits working for the autos or auto suppliers but other things like worklife balance, good co-workers, doing meaningful work, working in a supportive environment are just as important or in some cases more important to me. Everyone has to decide what is most important to them for their career.

What a joke!

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Rochester, NY

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The children and families that you service for the most part. Wonderful coworkers.

Cons

There are no room for professional growth. No raises. benefits are more expensive and no longer match 401k. Directors are required to cut hours, supplies and cut corners. I had a director once tell our staff that she was required to find 3 faults on every employees review so when the raise freeze was over she wouldn't have to really give raises. Corprate cut out our cleaners and required staff to clean their own rooms. You can imagine how much clleaning or sanitizing happened when hours were cut or staff was sent home early. In the last year I worked for ChildTime, my toys got put thru the dishwasher once. We had mice, ants and major lice and illness outbreaks. No art supplies, or even basics like paper towels at times.

Advice to Management

Offer quality childcare and your enrollments and profits will rise. Start appreciating your staff, We are the reasons the families returnday in and out.