There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group

Definitely run by a big corporation

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

coworkers are nice
kids and families are great
no weekends

Cons

low pay
horrible benefits
upper management completely out of touch with reality and what it takes to run a center

If you want your centers to profit, take care of your employees. Children's Courtyard, in particular, USED to have a great reputation. Other daycare centers USED to recommend CCY when their centers were full. No more. Poor staffing, due to constant harping about cutting spending, horrible food, and high student to teacher ratios have led to multiple licensing violations and a poor reputation for LCG centers. Former employees, who leave in DROVES, don't recommend working here because they are paid so poorly and treated like they are disposable. You can't keep enrollment up when you can't keep good employees.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Learning Care Group (View Most Recent)

Do NOT get sucked in!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My coworkers are great, I love my students and my families (for the most part), and I like having weekends free.

Cons

Pay, pay, pay. The pay at this company is atrocious and there are NO raises. I've been at the company 3 years and received 20 cents. In this time I have earned 15 Child Development units, become a lead teacher, been certified as a bus driver, and filled in wherever they need me. And been compensated for none of it. Benefits might as well not exist- I haven't been to a doctor in over a year (since I was on better health insurance) because the co-pay and deductible are so high. Despite the crappy insurance I still have to pay a bundle for it- $70 every other week (every paycheck) and that's the cheapest option with no dental or vision.
    In addition to not being recognized monetarily there is no recognition for the average employee by anyone from corporate or even within the school I work at. No matter what I do I receive no positive feedback- the only feedback I get is when something bad happens so I become very unmotivated and have desire to improve and the cycle starts all over.
    If you love to kiss @$$ this is a great company for you. I've seen completely unqualified people become promoted time and again over very qualified people purely because they've attached their lips to the bosses behind.
    Brand new employees are treated like gold for about 6 months; given the best hours, allowed to call in sick and take whatever days off they want while if you've been there for longer you get vacation and sick requests turned down constantly.
    Teachers are expected to do A LOT! There is a ton of paperwork, curriculum, and just general BS associated with this job. The families are there for us and we are basically the only reason they are there and yet the teachers get none of the credit while directors get bonuses.
    The bottom line is all about money so supplies come in sparingly, the food we serve the kids is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, and basically anything the company can do to save money they do even if it means it's not in the best interest of the teachers, families, or students.

Recognize that it is ALL about your teachers. We are the reason there is a company at all and the reason that we have students and families. One "Teacher Appreciate Week" a year (where you buy us all a $2 bag or mug) is not enough.

Coorporation feel and very unprofessional

Former Employee - Academy Director  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Academy Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love the children, and love the teachers. Love the interactions with in the center.

Cons

Teachers never get paid what they should, and it is hard for them to recieve a pay raise. Took me a whole year to get employee's a better pay by 0.25-0..50 cents. Poor Professionalism, and poor upper managment communication. Poor way of handling issues with lack of communication. You will be expected as a director to run the facility by yourself and there will be no accountablilty on any one else besides yourself, therefore you will rarely be able to leave the school. Little to no vacation time and very stressful environment with very little pay. Not enough pay for the amount of responsibilities and the amount of time you will spend working.

Communicate fully with directors and teachers. know the type of people working for you. Be consistent in managing people. Do not be so political and make it about who likes who, or who knows who. Be Fair and Just to everyone. Get all aspects of every story.

There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group

Worked for Learning Care Group? Contribute to the Community!