There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group

No communication

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Really loved my job and most of the people that I worked with. I learned a lot and was able to bring it with me to another job.

Cons

Upper management was not open with its staff about upcoming changes in the company, otherwise it was a nice company to work for.

Need to communicate with the staff more openly. Employees would rather hear the news from you than through the grape vine.

reviews filtered by

Definitely run by a big corporation

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

coworkers are nice
    kids and families are great
    no weekends

Cons

low pay
    horrible benefits
    upper management completely out of touch with reality and what it takes to run a center

If you want your centers to profit, take care of your employees. Children's Courtyard, in particular, USED to have a great reputation. Other daycare centers USED to recommend CCY when their centers were full. No more. Poor staffing, due to constant harping about cutting spending, horrible food, and high student to teacher ratios have led to multiple licensing violations and a poor reputation for LCG centers. Former employees, who leave in DROVES, don't recommend working here because they are paid so poorly and treated like they are disposable. You can't keep enrollment up when you can't keep good employees.

Do NOT get sucked in!

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are great, I love my students and my families (for the most part), and I like having weekends free.

Cons

Pay, pay, pay. The pay at this company is atrocious and there are NO raises. I've been at the company 3 years and received 20 cents. In this time I have earned 15 Child Development units, become a lead teacher, been certified as a bus driver, and filled in wherever they need me. And been compensated for none of it. Benefits might as well not exist- I haven't been to a doctor in over a year (since I was on better health insurance) because the co-pay and deductible are so high. Despite the crappy insurance I still have to pay a bundle for it- $70 every other week (every paycheck) and that's the cheapest option with no dental or vision.
    In addition to not being recognized monetarily there is no recognition for the average employee by anyone from corporate or even within the school I work at. No matter what I do I receive no positive feedback- the only feedback I get is when something bad happens so I become very unmotivated and have desire to improve and the cycle starts all over.
    If you love to kiss @$$ this is a great company for you. I've seen completely unqualified people become promoted time and again over very qualified people purely because they've attached their lips to the bosses behind.
    Brand new employees are treated like gold for about 6 months; given the best hours, allowed to call in sick and take whatever days off they want while if you've been there for longer you get vacation and sick requests turned down constantly.
    Teachers are expected to do A LOT! There is a ton of paperwork, curriculum, and just general BS associated with this job. The families are there for us and we are basically the only reason they are there and yet the teachers get none of the credit while directors get bonuses.
    The bottom line is all about money so supplies come in sparingly, the food we serve the kids is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, and basically anything the company can do to save money they do even if it means it's not in the best interest of the teachers, families, or students.

Recognize that it is ALL about your teachers. We are the reason there is a company at all and the reason that we have students and families. One "Teacher Appreciate Week" a year (where you buy us all a $2 bag or mug) is not enough.

There are newer employer reviews for Learning Care Group