Lee Company
www.microhydraulics.com Westbrook, CT 500 to 999 Employees

A traditional small company from past times, the Lee Company holds to values established decades ago.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Westbrook, CT

I have been working at Lee Company

ProsThe Lee Company has an excellent benefits package. Health insurance is only $20/month for a family! In addition, the Profit Sharing plan is exceptional. Last year, the company gave a every employee a profit sharing percentage of 29% of their salary. Finally, the company is well-established financially. It is continuously growing, an accepted leader in its fields, and well-diversified.

ConsThe company is not very progressive. Senior management is inflexible and resilient to change. The company is very slow to adopt new methods and innovations, business-wise. The Lee Company is very formal, which is reflected in such things as the formal dress code for all engineers (ties at minimum and must have access to a suit coat) and the extremely structured work hours (8-5, 1 hour lunch, absolutely no flex time). The company does not rely on information technology, even removing internet access from engineer's PCs.

For many people, the above downsides will not matter. The Lee Company is a safe and good place to work. As long as you follow the rules, you will not be stressed and you will only work a 40 hour week, giving you time to be with your family. There is not much upward mobility, but that is because the turnover rate is extremely low. Your base compensation will not rise much, but the Profit Sharing makes up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementA more progressive work environment is in order with today's times, including more flexibility with the work schedule.

Most places are either great places to gain experience with or great companies to retire with, but Lee Company is both.

I have been working at Lee Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great company culture, make working enjoyable and fun, a lot of… Cons: Not a lot of room for growth, outdated and problematic database software,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It was a great learning experience as well as the bridge for my keene interests in fluid mechanics

Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Westbrook, CT

I worked at Lee Company as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Very Flexible Happy Employees = Comfortable Work Environment Interesting Products Great Executive Leadership Little to no Stress Employer Pays for… Cons: The Pay was Very Uncompetitive Little to no Room for Advancement The… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to hire younger engineers, we're innovative and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lee Company.

Worked for Lee Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lee Company CEO Leighton Lee III. All reviews posted anonymously by Lee Company employees.