There are newer employer reviews for Lee Company

A traditional small company from past times, the Lee Company holds to values established decades ago.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Westbrook, CT
Current Employee - Project Engineer in Westbrook, CT

I have been working at Lee Company

Pros

The Lee Company has an excellent benefits package. Health insurance is only $20/month for a family! In addition, the Profit Sharing plan is exceptional. Last year, the company gave a every employee a profit sharing percentage of 29% of their salary. Finally, the company is well-established financially. It is continuously growing, an accepted leader in its fields, and well-diversified.

Cons

The company is not very progressive. Senior management is inflexible and resilient to change. The company is very slow to adopt new methods and innovations, business-wise. The Lee Company is very formal, which is reflected in such things as the formal dress code for all engineers (ties at minimum and must have access to a suit coat) and the extremely structured work hours (8-5, 1 hour lunch, absolutely no flex time). The company does not rely on information technology, even removing internet access from engineer's PCs.

For many people, the above downsides will not matter. The Lee Company is a safe and good place to work. As long as you follow the rules, you will not be stressed and you will only work a 40 hour week, giving you time to be with your family. There is not much upward mobility, but that is because the turnover rate is extremely low. Your base compensation will not rise much, but the Profit Sharing makes up for it.

Advice to Management

A more progressive work environment is in order with today's times, including more flexibility with the work schedule.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Customer Service Technician

Former Employee - Automatic Machine Operator in Clinton, CT
    Former Employee - Automatic Machine Operator in Clinton, CT

I worked at Lee Company

Pros

I have experience operating press machines and other manufacturing Equiptmenent.

Cons

As of this moment I do not see any and think I would be a good fit and am a quick learner.

Advice to Management

I do not have any at this time.

2. Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Westport, CT
    Former Employee - Intern in Westport, CT

I worked at Lee Company

Pros

The lee company is a quickly growing company with lots of room to grow. I was only there for one summer but the people were great.

Cons

the lee company tends to be a bit disorganized sometimes

Advice to Management

idk