Lee Enterprises
www.lee.net Davenport, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Local Newspaper Reporter - Terrible Place to work

Reporter (Former Employee)
Provo, UT

ProsYou could go out and meet interesting people and there was a fair amount of autonomy in what you did. And it's always fun to see your name in print.

ConsExtremely underpaid and everyone was over-stressed. At a local level there was never anything even remotely interesting to write about. When somthing finally came up it was like the end of the world to the editorial staff -- even little things were urgent and made overly stressful.

Good learning experience, but should have left for greener pastures long before I did.

Photojournalist (Former Employee)
    Davenport, IA

I worked at Lee Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I got to do the type of work I enjoy… Cons: Lousy hours. I missed a whole lot of family activities and my kids… Advice to Senior Management: Expend more resources in putting out a quality product. It will lead to better employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

tough place to work and getting tougher

National AE (Current Employee)
    Davenport, IA

I have been working at Lee Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: great products great audience with reach in print and online Cons: corporate influence at the local level unrealistic goals Advice to Senior Management: value your employees more No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lee Enterprises.

Worked for Lee Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Enterprises reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lee Enterprises CEO Mary E. Junck. All reviews posted anonymously by Lee Enterprises employees.