Lee Memorial Health System
jobs.leememorial.org Fort Myers, FL 5000+ Employees

Best hospital ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLMH is the only trauma center in our area. The hospital administration and staff recognize this responsibility and have responded by filling the ER and all associated departments with men and women who have what it takes to deal with, quite literally, life and death situations, every day.

In terms of what makes a great hospital, safety and skill are followed closely by efficiency. In truth, efficiency in the medical field is virtually synonymous with both safety and skill. Time is the prime adversary to all health care professionals; at LMH, quick responses translate directly to positive patient outcomes.

ConsThe Wi-Fi could be faster. Some hospitals are moving to technologies that can go as far as load a patient's chart on a tablet upon entrance of a doctor or nurse into a patient's room. In very few industries does technology move faster than medicine, so I think it's important that LMH stays ahead of the game.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn short, keep up the good work, which is by no means a passive endeavor. In evolutionary biology there exists a concept known as the Red Queen Hypothesis. Borrowed from the novel Through the Looking Glass, it states: "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place." In nature, this means that constant adaptation is required just to maintain a species place in a given ecosystem. In healthcare, we can take it to mean that active effort will be needed not only to improve, but to stay the same. However, there's no place for stagnation in medicine- LMH is a crucial component of our community and must tirelessly fight to improve.

Felt like I was part of a family

Materials Clerk (Former Employee)
    Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Caring people, steady hours, good pay and benefits. Cons: Not a lot of room for advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dont do unless u want the life sucked out of you

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Lee Memorial Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Steady paycheck. Air conditioning works great. Season keeps everyone VERY… Cons: Management needs to GO!!!! They dont listen to staff concerns and safety of patients is always at risk. Upper management runs the "show" on budget… Advice to Senior Management: The current management from the "old" hospital needs to be replaced with management with the mindset of current thinking and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lee Memorial Health System.

Worked for Lee Memorial Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lee Memorial Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lee Memorial Health System CEO James R. Nathan. All reviews posted anonymously by Lee Memorial Health System employees.