Legacy.com

www.legacy.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Legacy.com

Excellent and nurturing work environment

I worked at Legacy.com

Pros

Supportive and casual work environment, longterm staff encourages individuals to be challenged, while sustaining work/life balance. Small office. Great location.

Cons

IT office is in separate location, which can be a challenge. Small company, so not a lot of room to move up if that's what you are looking for.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Legacy.com (View Most Recent)

Dealing with Death is Not Always Sad

I worked at Legacy.com part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home (part time), thorough training, no hassles, clear communication and review process. Friendly, helpful manager and colleagues. They warn you of the types of things you may encounter and that you may have emotional reactions. Chances to pick up extra hours.

Cons

Reading about grief can be mentally and emotionally draining. No one to vent to/with, since you work remotely.

Keep up the good work! You are unique and have great people.

Depressing work when there is any

Former Employee - Comment Reviewer in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Comment Reviewer in Evanston, IL

I worked at Legacy.com part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home on your own schedule, more or less.

Cons

Overtrained, terrible pay, trainers constantly calling you on the phone, but you don't get paid for the time. The job is beyond depressing, looking at people commenting about death of friends and relatives.

My advice to the management is simple: DO NOT OVERTRAIN the employee. I was so inundated with training that a simple job took on more complexity than it really had. I was given so much input that I worried incessantly that I was missing something in the comments. I wasn't, but it confused my reasoning. Only paid $10 an hour. I was told to work part-time up to 20-30 hours and frequently i had no work and was told to log off. Depends on how many comments there are to audit. Terrible waste of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Legacy.com