Legal & General Group

Add Review

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Legal & General Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

beautiful building, indoor gym, great pay, personal space, you can get certification at your own pace with no pressure.

Cons

Difficult to move to a different department if you want to move up in the company or even make a change. Training is highly lacking. Some departments have DOS systems and you work using function keys and black/green screens. Supervisors are not all certified ! but they can run a department? Employees know more than the supervisors and are certified.

Advice to Management

Pay for better computer systems instead of ice cream days. Have the managers take all the LOMA classes for there job and get certified.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Been good for me.

I have been working at Legal & General Group

Pros

Work life balance, location, great people to work with, opportunity for learning/training and study support for professional qualifications.

Cons

Salary, slow decision making, IT resources poor but improving slowly. Unclear job future. No clear career progression.

2. Great Company, Great People, Great Future

I have been working at Legal & General Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for L&G now for nearly 7 years and regardless of the odd fault here and there am completely in love with the company.
    We have good staff benefits, a great pension, internal opportunities to network and grow (you just have to look for them and not expect them to fall on your lap), colleagues that want to help colleagues by finding discounts / offers outside of work to enjoy, access to a learning hub full of informative e-learning, TED Talks etc.

The best thing about working for L&G is the family you build during your time with the company. Probably quite dependent on the manager you have within the company as to how strong a team you become but if you're looking for an organisation that makes you comfortable and tries its best for you then Legal & General would be a good fit.
    I'm sure a number of people would disagree with me on this statement but the fact we still have a bonus scheme is surely better than having nothing at all!

Cons

The systems we use are quite dated.
    Knowing which email to take notice of is difficult due to receiving so many from numerous areas.
    More investment needed in colleagues across all sites in general.
    Some people within the business are clearly no longer interested in working for L&G so should be managed out the door rather than left to create poison.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people better. Make them love you and they'll always do their best for you.
    Find out the personal interests of every member of your team and where possible work to help them achieve their goals. Keep our brains thinking!!
    I'd also suggest if as a manager you don't agree with a decision being made by higher management then speak up. Showing you care isn't a sackable offence!