Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Business Analyst Trainee
Current Employee - Business Analyst Trainee

Pros

Good bonding within teams on job training is good offers good work life balance and easy no great formalities for taking day off more emphasis is given on getting the work done than work timings.

Cons

No connection between designation (job title) and job profile. designation is Business analyst but work profile is that of a research analyst.

Other Employee Reviews for LegalForce RAPC Worldwide

1. Awesome opportunity to learn IP law

Former Employee - Apprentice in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Apprentice in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--LegalForce provided me an invaluable opportunity that very few law firms will offer - the chance to apprentice in intellectual property law in order to shift my law practice toward IP issues. As a mid-level attorney with some (but not deep) IP experience, I could not have been hired at a traditional IP law firm (too expensive to be hired as a junior attorney, but without the deep experience needed to be hired as a mid-level IP attorney). LegalForce gave me a chance to gain marketable skills in trademark, patent, and copyright law. I've been able to turn these skills into significant paying client engagements in my own practice. --The firm offers significant training opportunities. We had training sessions led by LegalForce attorneys on trademark, patent, and copyright filing and prosecution. Especially interesting was the opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of patent prosecution by taking the lead on drafting an actual patent application (with supervision from licensed patent attorneys). I filed dozens of trademarks during my time at the firm. I also learned about trademark infringement through training and representing clients in the cease and desist letter process and in federal litigation relating to trademark and copyright infringement. --The founder, Raj Abhyanker, is one of only a handful of highly successful legal + tech entrepreneurs in the country, on par with the founders of LegalZoom, RocketLawyer, and similar companies. In a few short years he built one of the (if not the) largest trademark law firms in the United States by leveraging technology through Trademarkia. If you're interested in learning about new business models in legal, especially around technology, this is a rare opportunity to learn from a true pioneer in the space. Raj also sincerely cares about the people who work with him and will go out of his way to help them achieve their career goals. He's extremely transparent about what he expects and will empower you to excel at the firm if you put in the effort.

Cons

LegalForce is not a "traditional" law firm. Although you will have the same training as (probably better than) lawyers in Amlaw 100 firms, the culture here is more entrepreneurial than a traditional law firm. You will have opportunities to take on more work and be rewarded with more responsibility if you work hard and seek out opportunities to add value. But if you're looking for that traditional Amlaw 100 mahogany office culture with lockstep advancement, expensive summer associate lunches, etc., this may not be the best fit for you. In my opinion, some of the less-than-stellar reviews by former employees are due to the fact that they weren't a great fit for this kind of company culture. Of course, the hours at LegalForce are better than the hours at big law firms. And I've seen lawyers leverage their experience at LegalForce into associate positions at very successful traditional IP law firms in the Bay Area.

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing training opportunities to attorneys. Could probably appeal to many attorneys with clearer policies on what will lead to advancement on a year-by-year basis.

Great Opportunity & Experience

Former Employee - Registered In-House Counsel in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Registered In-House Counsel in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Great opportunity to prove yourself + rise in rank (other firms may not share/promote as much) -Responsibility to work with clients (other firms may insulate associates more from clients) -Ability for associates to implement improvements (for good suggestions) -Great camaraderie among the associates and among the staff -Very positive environment

Cons

--Could use a workout room --More team building events

Advice to Management

--Build more cohesiveness with the team --Establish leadership within associates for training, outreach events, pro bono, etc.