There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com

Low quality management + low pay = low morale

Current Employee - Legal Document Preparation Specialist in Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Legal Document Preparation Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant environment, nice office, fun company parties, cool, young crowd, 450+ people employed in one place (LA - headquarters)

Cons

Dead end, poor, inexperienced management, zero room for growth, little recognition of accomplishment, poor communication between middle management and subordinates, insultingly low pay for the ridiculous expectations

Train management to manage human beings. Employees are not robots. Reward those who exceed expectations with higher pay and promote from within, and you will improve morale. Communicate with those below you.

92 Other Employee Reviews for LegalZoom.com (View Most Recent)

Not a Great Career Move.

Former Employee - Business Sales Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Sales Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual attire and decent benefits.

Cons

Continuous pressure to perform without any significant financial compensation. Expect $60,000 plus per month in sales with for an extra $2500 in commissions with relentless pressure to perform. Meanwhile you can't give legal advice to those in search of it due to UPL laws. In addition you're paid $13 per hour and have to be available from 7:45am until 9:15pm and certain weekends.

Promote from within and add the proper financial incentives for performance.

Unnecessarily stressful, awkward and unwieldy systems, unwilling to accomodate those with handicaps, or ADD.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at LegalZoom.com

Pros

Nice, friendly co-workers. Good trainers who work very hard despite what they have to work with. Nice office and grounds.

Cons

Paid WAY lower than appropriate for the high-stress, extremely focus-intensive, un-necessarily overly-complicated work. Trainees who have learning disabilities end up feeling lost very quickly, and very little attempt is made to make sure they are catching on. Tenured employees are required to "shadow" trainees in the final stages of training which can sometimes add to the confusion of an already stressful experience. The unwieldy array of websites and computer tools one has to use in order to do the job are un-necessary, and could be easily streamlined. The location is relatively inconvenient.

The "one-size-fits-all" type of training, and the low pay vs high expectations are bad business. I have worked in customer service/sales for the last 20+ years, and I can tell you that I have never had a more harrowing training experience in my life! The level of work one has to put in during training hardly seems worth the 11-something an hour one is paid. Expectations are WAY too high for what you are paying! The "work culture" you are attempting to develop is not a bad idea, but when someone is struggling to make rent and bills, the money spent developing your "work culture" seems silly and frivolous. I'm sure all your employees would agree with me when I say that the money would be better spent on streamlining the number of websites and databases used by employees there, and PAYING YOUR EMPLOYEES A REASONABLE AMOUNT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO!!!

There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com