There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com

Success begets success

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a growing company, adding new people on almost every few weeks (at least they were when I worked there). As such, the opportunity to move up occurs quickly. Management will ask for extra time or maybe have you sit through lunch during a busy period, but it's usually not mandatory and they will feed you lunch in lieu of you not taking the time off. I've worked customer service before and seen the wrong way of doing things, but LegalZoom definitely does it right.

Cons

There were some issues with HR not being very accommodating to simple requests. The HR department also sponsored a weight loss competition and then refused to try to enter into any deals with a nearby gym. I found that kind of weird.

Keep fighting the good fight and treating the employees well. The holiday parties were always a blast: your genuine interest in the employees shows and is appreciated.

reviews filtered by

If you're looking for a career and/or any kind of personal & professional development, DO NOT APPLY

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is most of the people that work there. They're younger and/or have been there for a while, and nearly all of them see the insanity for what it is, and have a great sense of humor as a result. If you can't cry, laugh, right?

Cons

I don't know where to start.. but I'll keep it brief/bullet style. Here goes:
    - They have a deal with a local temp agency to get candidates in for interviews, etc. As mentioned in other posts, massive waves of people come through on a consistent basis. They sort, seed through those who they deem can hit the ground running/have a "yes sir" attitude and the rest are gone within days or not even shown the door a 2nd time. I refer to them-still-as a puppy mill. They produce "Zoomers" at a high rate; quantity, not quality.

- Management lacks experience and/or actual leadership training. I have worked with inters who have more common sense and ability to troubleshoot than most of the folks who had been in "leadership" training.

- Training is insane-they *think* they have it down to an art, but they don't. Trainers/managers are under the gun to get you to learn everything perfectly and NOW, and thus, the those being trained are under said gun. Slideshows and books don't do it--actual leadership and guidance being invested into employees do it.

-The actual work: glorified data entry. *shudder*

Hire actual managers.
    Work on employee retention.
    Work on actual performance and develop plans for your employees
    Diversify your software and systems; make day to day work an actual challenge, and not something that makes flipping an egg look like science. You want smart great people? Prove it. Implement It.

2. it's a rapidly growing company with expected growing pains....

I have been working at LegalZoom.com full-time

Pros

company is growing at a fast pace and there are plenty of opportunties to grow from within. lot of benefits and perks. you can dictate your bonus based on how hard you work and perform.

Cons

if this is your first job out of college and you're looking for something to 'get by', you may want to rethink how you fit here. this is a professional job that needs to be taken seriously. those that do well are hard working and committed people and are highly driven to succeed like most jobs. job will be challeging and demanding

atmosphere and culture have improved drastically as of late. keep going.

There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com