There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com

Success begets success

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a growing company, adding new people on almost every few weeks (at least they were when I worked there). As such, the opportunity to move up occurs quickly. Management will ask for extra time or maybe have you sit through lunch during a busy period, but it's usually not mandatory and they will feed you lunch in lieu of you not taking the time off. I've worked customer service before and seen the wrong way of doing things, but LegalZoom definitely does it right.

Cons

There were some issues with HR not being very accommodating to simple requests. The HR department also sponsored a weight loss competition and then refused to try to enter into any deals with a nearby gym. I found that kind of weird.

Keep fighting the good fight and treating the employees well. The holiday parties were always a blast: your genuine interest in the employees shows and is appreciated.

86 Other Employee Reviews for LegalZoom.com (View Most Recent)

Wretched job, wretched company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food sometimes, fun parties, good co-workers

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay, rampant discrimination and nepotism, micro-micro management, extremely restrictive environment, no opportunities for growth unless you are one of management's puppets. Maturity and skill level go unnoticed. Prior experience goes unnoticed. INTELLIGENCE... unnoticed. This job is fine if you're right out of high school and still live with your parents. Otherwise, don't bother.

None. Management doesn't listen anyway.

Quite Honestly, the worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Business Customer Care  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Customer Care in Austin, TX

I worked at LegalZoom.com full-time

Pros

Free beverages in break room, bagels provided on Fridays, nice office building

Cons

Too many to name, but mostly, you'll be treated like a number, not an adult, no matter how diligent, conscientious and responsible you are. Management is terrible. Metrics can't be explained. You'd need a degree in mathematics to be able to tell if your paycheck is correct and if you ask management about bonuses, they tell you repeatedly they will check into it and never respond. In fact, you won't get any support from management at all. It's a soul-sucking job, and all too many coworkers I talked with needed anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds just to deal with the horrible conditions. Many others have noted this, but you are promised a lot in the interview... dedication to customer service, a commitment to valuing employees, being brought on permanent from a temp position much more quickly than it actually happens. They do not promote from within. The turnover is unbelievably high, even for a call center. They have a constant churn of new training classes, with some people not even make it beyond training. There were about thirty five people in my group when I started and a little more than that when I left a year later. Of those, only six had been there a year or more. Believe the negative reviews on this site. They are real. And no amount of free sodas will make up for how poorly employees are treated.

Refocus on caring about the customer experience and treating employees like human beings. Oh, who am I kidding. It's clear they don't want to do that.

There are newer employer reviews for LegalZoom.com

Worked for LegalZoom.com? Contribute to the Community!