Legoland CA
www.legoland.com Carlsbad, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

My job at Legoland was the worst I ever had by any measure.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

ProsYou get to play with Legos, and to make some little kids *very* happy. Also, the work is pretty easy.

ConsMost of the experience working at Legoland is miserable. The management and the employees are, for the most part, incompetent, irresponsible, and unpleasant. Everyone blames everyone else for everything. If you clock in or out even a minute before or after the time you're supposed to, you get written up. You are responsible for re-checking your schedule constantly, because management will not notify you if they change it. Perhaps worst of all, for me, is that it left me a bad association with Legos, even though LEGO itself does not run Legoland. If you want a job with Legos and/or you like kids, work at an actual LEGO Store instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart training your employees, instead of having untrained senior employees train new employees.Stop treating your employees like dirt. Stop hiring antisocial people: they are both poor coworkers and bad to have around the small children there. Stop changing employees' schedules without notifying them then acting like they should have known.

Good place to work If you are a student

Legoland Attractions Associate (Current Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Legoland CA

Pros: very flexible schedule, friendly coworkers, and a nice environment to work… Cons: Getting yelled at by guests frequently, minimum wage pay starting, and a current pay freeze that keeps you from gaining any raises.… Advice to Senior Management: Please bring raises and pay increases back. It is very… More

From all the media hype generated to obtain a position of Model Builder, its all just a show.

Model Builder (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Legoland CA

Pros: 30% discount in product, prestige of working for a global company. You work inside a theme park, so it is a nice place to work, but… Cons: Very little room to grow professionally, pigeon-holed from the beginning as a model builder, there is very little respect for the position internally, specially with… Advice to Senior Management: No advice can be given to deaf ears. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Legoland CA.

Worked for Legoland CA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Legoland CA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Legoland CA CEO Jørgen Vig Knudstorp. All reviews posted anonymously by Legoland CA employees.