There are newer employer reviews for Legoland CA

very fun, high paced work place.

Former Intern - Food and Beverage Associate in Carlsbad, CA
Former Intern - Food and Beverage Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Legoland CA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

can get a lot of hours even if you are just a seasonal worker. have great events and very friendly

Cons

if you take the bus, there is no direct route to where you go in at.

reviews filtered by

It was good in the beginning...

Former Employee - Addmissions Associate in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Addmissions Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Legoland CA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The friends I made were pretty awesome, and seeing kids smile was the highlight of my day. It was only for my co-workers that I stayed as long as I did!!

Cons

Management is inconsistent, improper training, no room for advancement. No leadership from above. Raises are not very often, they expect you to do the impossible. (i.e. interacting with some kid 20 feet away when you have kids right in front of you) They are not very sensitive to their employees needs and say they will help basically they say one thing and do another. When I first got hired I was looking forward to going to work but as time went on, I just got frustrated and felt I couldn't move up no matter how hard I tried, they have their favorites and I was not one of them. As for me, I'm on to bigger and better things!

Advice to Management

Have every lead, manager, and supervisor on the same page!! Don't have one say one thing and another one do another!!! It's just annoying.

Soul Sucking.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage

I worked at Legoland CA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome, hardworking coworkers. By far the best part.

Cons

Low wages for the work (or any work). Raises virtually nonexistent. Hard to get FT benefits- some of my coworkers had worked there 3-5 years, fulltime hours, still considered PT. No holiday pay if you're PT. Hours can be weird/ inconsistent depending on the season. No incentives to go above and beyond. Management was rarely present except to criticize. It's probably okay if you're a highschooler looking for your first job, but not if you want to actually make a living wage, be treated fairly, and take pride in your career.