There are newer employer reviews for Legoland CA

Lovely coworkers and management staff

Current Employee - Admissions Associate in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Admissions Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Legoland CA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful weather, beautiful coworkers, free access to the park, discounts for retail at the park, 20 free tickets for friends and family, after 6 weeks of work (if seasonal)

Cons

Angry parents- at times the parents will become upset about lines or prices and take that anger out on employees

46 Other Employee Reviews for Legoland CA (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever

Former Employee - Model Designer in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Model Designer in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Legoland CA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% and 30% product discounts.
    You get to work in a designed environment, although the model shop is noisy, and dangerous with chemicals known to the State of California to produce Cancer.

Cons

The way management protects people who are friends, family or relatives, and promote their career within the Corporation.
    Model shop is noisy, and dangerous with chemicals known to the State of California to produce Cancer.

None. Management gives a toot about what line level employees have to say.

Great first time not so great if you keep coming back...

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Legoland CA part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free tickets to the park for friends & family, great discounts & special discount days, free entrance into the park if you work there, working with kids and working with legos

Cons

I have worked here several seasons now (2 months Fall 2006, 3 months Summer 2007, 2 months Fall 2011, 6 months Spring/Summer 2012, 1 month Oct Brick or Treat 2012). My first time working was in Food & Beverage. A job I dont recommend if you dont have experience because they want you to move fast and be quick and keep your hands clean. I ended that job early and then came back the following to retail. Pay is a bit less but I loved retail my experience in 2007 Retail was awesome no complaints except they didnt keep me after Summer! Then I came in Fall 2011 for retail again good times no complaints.

Last year is when my issues came up. First of all I was given a bad review at the end of my time there in August after 6 months I was given two 1's for things I didnt feel were my fault. They didnt make sense. I was never told before hand that they had issues with me. That is a big thing I hate. They dont tell you they have issues with you till your review so you cant improve as you go! I was like the only person not kept on last year after told they keep 2 or 3 they kept 10 people plus. Some barely there a month! All because I got picked on. My review said I had to do an interview to come back on.

I did brick or treat in Oct and boy do I regret it. The event is popular but its not organized at all. Worst is the blamed me for issues they shouldnt have. It wasnt my fault they didnt check on us enough to keep the things stock, the glow sticks werent in my tent even though I asked 2x but they blamned me for not having them, I didnt wear the hats the whole time because I was never told to always wear it, and even though I smiled more than my leads they told me I never smiled at anyone. Then I was told not to come back unrehirable.

After 6 months they say you can come back and be rehireable again. Now they changed it again and are saying there is no 6 months you are always unrehireable. They dont give a third chance. Maybe in a few years they will but not now.

For real? For a company built for kids this one has NO heart. They favor people and give hours to those they like better. They also prefer you to be without much job experience and young. If you are older or its not your first *season* they give you less hours. Which isnt right! I still hope they will take me back but at this point its not looking promising and I dont feel they were right in what they did at all.

If your MC is having ANY issues tell them about it verbal warning or whatever before the last review so they know to improve this. Also listen to the things they say in their reviews not just keep the paper on hand. Dont change rules like the 6 month thing and then act like you didnt say that in the first place. Stop playing favorites with some workers and especially with new hirers compared to those there for several seasons its not fair.

There are newer employer reviews for Legoland CA