There are newer employer reviews for Lehigh University

Is a friendly place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethlehem, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Lehigh University

Pros

Is a great place because of the flexibility and the great environment for research and a great location near New York city

Cons

The salary is not high and it only pays for nine months. The winter is a little bit cold for the people that don't like the winter.

People that wish to work at Lehigh has to be research oriented and be willing to be at the cutting edge of the engineering field.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Lehigh University (View Most Recent)

Busy but colorful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Lehigh University

Pros

Spending is not high compared with other area. It's a good school and people are very nice to get alone with. Usually you have many chances to improve your ability by this opportunity.

Cons

The area is kind of boring. You can't find many good restaurant to eat. It's very cold in winter and you need to climb slopes when passing through campus.

We should have more chances to see some successful professors' classes as a way to improve the class leading situation. In addition, we should gain more opportunities to be evaluated by students.

Very interactive in working with both other faculty members and the student body.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Lehigh University

Pros

Everyone there was very personable and willing to lend a helping hand if needed. It's a very tight-knit community due to the small sized university/faculty.

Cons

While my time working at Lehigh was enjoyable, I'm not necessarily in agreement upon some of the University policies towards certain student groups/organizations.

I think more needs to be done in promoting positive outlets for students to enjoy their time at Lehigh while still ensuring the general safety of the student body. The managing body needs to work WITH the students to create a better environment, not work against them. All too often I hear complaints from individuals who gripe about upper management being too restrictive to the student population.

There are newer employer reviews for Lehigh University

Worked for Lehigh University? Contribute to the Community!