Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network

www.lvhn.org
  www.lvhn.org
There are newer employer reviews for Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network

All around a good employer but has had its growing pains.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Allentown, PA

I worked at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Awesome benefits package (pay little for benefits compared to other companies, good PTO, sick time accrues, pay out for unused PTO/Sick time when you leave, wellness dollars, retirement plan)
-Tuition reimbursement
-Since it's a large company, there is opportunity to grow or move to other departments
-Organization is always striving to be the best in class, provide value to patients/payers and retain employees
-I learned A LOT in my profession while during my years there and was provided a lot of opportunity
-Though small, bonuses tied to performance of entire organization -- felt we all made a difference (as far as I know bonuses in not for profit world are unheard of)
-Though it was not for profit, I felt I still received competitive salary compared to others in my profession

Cons

-As not for profit many employees are stretched very thin in most departments
-Challenging environment to be "profitable" in...very competitive and heavily regulated
-For a healthcare company, work-life balance can be quite lacking
-I struggled to not take work with me -- literally and figuratively
-Now that I work in for-profit world, I actually feel more connected to community and that I make more of a difference than I did at LVHN...possibly because it is such a large organization and you can feel like a just number
-Sometimes feel like just a number
-VERY political, especially where physicians are concerned
-Don't expect a raise every year
-Some leadership is simply amazing and inspiring. Other leaders in place you have to wonder how they got there/stay there?

Politics and cow-towing to physicians gets very old. "Service" culture is also expected internally and not always effective to serving priorities of network. The organization is so large and there's dotted lines everywhere, you get flustered trying to please everyone, all the time. Priorities are easily blurred and easily rearranged, depending on who is asking for something. Don't forget the community and the positive impact we can make on it. Consider more partnering with for profit world.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (View Most Recent)

Good, but could pay more

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Majority of coworkers are excellent to work with and care about patients and quality. Great Hospital, Good Training...almost too many policies to keep track of!

Cons

Can expect too much of staff without providing resources. Patient acuity can be very high and demanding and pay is okay, not commensurate with what management expects of staff.

Pay more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great company to work for!

I worked at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network full-time

Pros

They provide good benefits.
    Free health insurance.

Cons

The job was difficult and you had too many patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network