Lehman Brothers
www.lehman.com New York, NY 6 to 15 Employees

"Was" the best place to work for

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

ProsCompany created a very approachable atmosphere, open to hear ideas. Employees were given opportunities to prove themselves along with the responsibilities and power for the area or domain in their control. I stayed till the last day of the firm, its very sad to see a firm of that culture going down. I would defiantly join this company, if I know the culture (working and not financial risk taking) of the firm is still in the veins of the people running the firm.

ConsThey took risk on some of the financial products, but in the IT department which I was part of, I did not find any big concerns or issues, except keeping major chunk of employees till the last day (is this bad.. keeping your employees close to you in good and bad days..?).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease bring the same working culture back to the firm.

Proud of working there.

Senior Developer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Lehman Brothers

Pros: Name brand is the reason for working there. Cons: The management was lack of ability to avoid bankruptcy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lehman has been an amazing place to build a career in finance. Amazing colleagues, cutting edge work.

New York, NY

I have been working at Lehman Brothers

Pros: Amazing colleagues, cutting edge work, still some remnants of the… Cons: The bank faces a bleak future. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lehman Brothers.

Worked for Lehman Brothers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lehman Brothers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Lehman Brothers employees.