There are newer employer reviews for Lehman Brothers

Great place to work while it lasted

Former Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY
Former Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Lehman Brothers

Pros

Truly great culture, good people, ethical and cooperative behavior at the mid-management level

Cons

Remember that stock you got for your bonus? Yeah. Not so much.

Advice to Management

VAR.. maybe we really didn't need to jack up the VAR more, despite what you said.

reviews filtered by

glad i got of there

Former Employee - Summer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer in New York, NY

I worked at Lehman Brothers

Pros

looked great on resume. i learned a lot about financial marketing, industry players, and key executive people. nice location to work, and the mentorship programs was nice too.

Cons

well, it tanked. it could not be that great of a company if it had to close. some upper management were cocky. other times, it felt like the old boy network. if you are a woman, you have to work extra hard to prove your worth

Advice to Management

well, you guys dont exist any more. so my advice is to find another job and dont mess up the next organization.

2. Best place I ever worked. I'm heartbroken that it's over.

Former Employee - Vice President Technology
    Former Employee - Vice President Technology

I worked at Lehman Brothers

Pros

The culture was great. They hired the best and the brightest, and I worked with some of the most talented engineers and managers that I ever encountered. We were encouraged to take an entrepreneurial approach to our work in IT, and were rewarded for it when the system or app generated revenue or furthered the business' objectives.

There was great opportunity to network thru several diversity groups. Training and education was encouraged and readily available. They fully supported work-life balance and work from home (job - permitting, of course).

The work was hard, the hours were long, and the rewards were great. At the end of a day, I left the office exhausted and proud of what my team accomplished. It was the best 10 years of my working career. I met and worked with some remarkable individuals and established professional and personal friendships with people I will treasure, always.

Cons

Biggest downside: The bankruptcy. It is incredibly sad. Barclays should have been a silver lining, but sadly, the great things about Lehman and it's culture did not carry over after the acquisition.

Advice to Management

I'm with you in wishing the clock could be stopped or rolled back to before the collapse. I wish it could have gone on forever.