Good Company To Work For

Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL
Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security is good as long as the government holds together. Paid time off is fair.

Cons

Raises aren't great. Reviews seem to conform to the "laddering" standard which rates you against others, which is not a good way of assigning ratings. Benefits are generally good, but took a dive due to "uncertainty of healthcare reform." Basically Obamacare scared SAIC (now Leidos) into cutting our health insurance and raising prices.

Advice to Management

Stop the laddering process of reviewing employees and at least cover cost of living increase with raises.

Other Employee Reviews for Leidos

Does not value employees

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Does allow for flexible working hours and telecommuting.

Cons

We keep getting memos saying benefits will be cut to keep the company "in line with industry standards". Which is to say, other companies don't value their employees, why should we? Lots of people lost their offices. Comprehensive leave is now capped. Health insurance is pretty miserable, though not that expensive I guess.

Advice to Management

Why not try to be better than industry standards? Then I might not be looking for a job right now.

Drastic shift in employee relations

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and relevant. You are generally given latitude in your opportunities with customer interactions. Management does not overly involve themselves in your daily activity.

Cons

Since the split between SAIC and Leidos management have SEVERELY restructured employee benefits. Cuts in insurance. Cuts to employer contributions to 401k Cuts to Health Savings Accounts funds. Reduction in ability to carry leave from year to year, or accrue leave beyond the cap for the present year.

Advice to Management

You are going to lose senior members of your teams because of your restructuring. Your ability to make money is directly related to your employees. By cutting benefits employees will simply seek better organizations. SAIC was on it's way down before the split and it seems that Leidos is following that trend. A very disappointing way ahead for this company.