There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

Takes a few months to get the hang of it and keeps you busy, but you never have to take work home.

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people and everybody is pretty friendly. They don't mind if you eat your lunch while you work so you can avoid taking a break and they sometimes provide lunch (maybe once or twice a month)

Cons

It's an office job. Cubicles and computers. Not a lot of interaction with other people except through email. Sometimes stressful to meet deadlines.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Time of Transition

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leidos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the shutdown they worked hard to keep employees informed and engaged. We knew where we stood and how things were going to affect us. Plus with the split from SAIC there was tons of support helping make things smooth.

Cons

The name is really weird and people keep asking you why its so dumb.I feel like some hipster came up with the name and it confuses people when you explain its meaning. Also Purple is not a great color for defense contracting. I would also say once your locked into a pay band your stuck there and Its hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more. Change the name

Drastic shift in employee relations

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Suitland, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging and relevant. You are generally given latitude in your opportunities with customer interactions. Management does not overly involve themselves in your daily activity.

Cons

Since the split between SAIC and Leidos management have SEVERELY restructured employee benefits. Cuts in insurance. Cuts to employer contributions to 401k Cuts to Health Savings Accounts funds. Reduction in ability to carry leave from year to year, or accrue leave beyond the cap for the present year.

Advice to Management

You are going to lose senior members of your teams because of your restructuring. Your ability to make money is directly related to your employees. By cutting benefits employees will simply seek better organizations. SAIC was on it's way down before the split and it seems that Leidos is following that trend. A very disappointing way ahead for this company.