Leidos

www.leidos.com
  www.leidos.com
There are newer employer reviews for Leidos

Good Company with good people and excellent benefits!

Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Alexandria, VA
Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Leidos full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good people and excellent benefits!

Cons

A lot of Government contracts that might mean short term employment!

Share the wealth

214 Other Employee Reviews for Leidos (View Most Recent)

The REAL Deal with Leidos...And it isn't pretty

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Leidos full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are only 2 pros left with my job 1) I get a paycheck and 2) I do work with some great people.

Cons

I have been with Leidos (formerly SAIC) for 13 years. I have written 2 reviews of SAIC over the years, but wanted to add one on the Leidos page, since they are now my employer.
    Over the past 2 years, both in the spin up to the split and since the split, it has become obvious that the future of Leidos is VERY bleak. There is ZERO trust and respect for the company leadership, particularly Jumper and Shea. I would expand upon the feelings towards both, but I am fairly sure it would stop this "review' from being posted. The financials are in the toilet, as the Q3 report and the nose dive the stock took illustrated. While it isn't being publicized; the company has laid off a large number of people since the split with dozens getting notices this week. They tend to spread them out across locations, so that they don't have to report to state labor departments, but when added together the numbers are substantial. It isn't easy watching people who have been with the company 20+ years be treated as disposable. I work with people in some other locations who are fairly certain Leidos is trying to close their offices all together. A lot of employees were very upset with the cut in benefits, and while it didn't affect me very much I can see where for some people it was a major issue. The health care is mediocre, the 401(k) contributions were cut, and other items that used to be company funded have now been pushed onto the employees. There isn't much positive that can be said about working for Leidos, and I would advise anyone considering it to think very hard. The environment is toxic, morale is at an all time low, the company leadership is viewed in a negative light by most employees, and the future plan offers no solutions to current problems.

Sadly, the upper management at Leidos does not believe in listening to employees, so giving them advice is futile.

Low Salaries

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Leidos full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A chance to gain valuable knowledge on cancer research and testing while working in close association with scientist at the National Cancer Institute at Frederick.

Cons

As contractors we are all payed well below our government counterparts--nearly 20 to 30% below in some positions. Also, you can forget about the GS Schedule because they have their own system of ranking employees as a means of keeping salaries to a minimum. This ensures that they will continue to be awarded their government contract.

Bring salary levels up. You preach that there should be equality between contractors and government level employees, yet there is a significant divide in equal pay between the two.

There are newer employer reviews for Leidos